Subject: Microsoft Surface Pro out Saturday runs VASSAL and CB rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Barree
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
General Bonkers says the War on String may be unwinnable. Detractors worry that his statements will embolden string.
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone considering this tablet? I just read a review for it in today's NY Times and am considering the 128 Gb version over the Ipad. Unlike the Ipad and Surface tablet that's out now this one runs Windows and all the Windows based programs using a touch screen, keyboard and mouse. I have been wanting a tablet for my VASSAL and CyberBoard games and this looks like it might be the one I've been waiting for. If anyone knows anything more about this device, without getting into an Ipad vs. Windows war, I'd appreciate reading your posts.

Not sure if you need to be a subscriber to read the article but, just in case, here's the link:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/07/technology/personaltech/mi...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dbarree wrote:
Anyone considering this tablet? I just read a review for it in today's NY Times and am considering the 128 Gb version over the Ipad. Unlike the Ipad and Surface tablet that's out now this one runs Windows and all the Windows based programs using a touch screen, keyboard and mouse. I have been wanting a tablet for my VASSAL and CyberBoard games and this looks like it might be the one I've been waiting for. If anyone knows anything more about this device, without getting into an Ipad vs. Windows war, I'd appreciate reading your posts.

Not sure if you need to be a subscriber to read the article but, just in case, here's the link:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/07/technology/personaltech/mi...

I might down the road, but I would love to hear from you or anyone that they have successfully run CB and Vassal before I will consider buying.

I look forward to hearing about your experience, good luck.

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Windows Pro tablets run the full version of Windows 8, so as long as Vassal works on Windows 8, it should run on the tablet. The downside to the Windows Pro tablets is if you buy the 64GB version, you actually only end up with 24GB of storage space due to the recovery partition. For the money, I'd look more at the convertible laptops that Lenovo is putting out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.