kevin long
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A convenient place to put your need for parts. In the long run this would get more attention than the "needed parts" function that is presently in place (which i was unable to work). Someday a partial game will pop up, and everyone here could be contacted to enable scavenging

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin long
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I need an elite gondor unit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you look on the game page, you'll see BGG has built in functionality for this. Scroll down to the User Information section, and you'll see entries for Has Parts and Want Parts (if you don't already have an entry, you'll first have to click either Add a copy to your collection or Record information). Whatever you put in those fields will then be accessible to others in the corresponding Has Parts and Want Parts entries in the game's Statistics section (click the associated numbers to see what others have listed).

The other place I'd suggest you list what you're looking for is in the 2013-2014 SPARE PARTS RESOURCE LIST. I think people are more likely to find your request by either of those methods than through this thread, which will inevitably get pushed deeper into the stack as time passes by subsequent threads in the forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Walkingshaw
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To list that you want parts:
1. On the game page, scroll down to the "User Information" box.
2. Find the "Wants Parts" label (third row from the bottom).
3. Click in the cell to the right of the label.
4. Enter some text and click "Save".
(This assumes that you have a copy of the game in your BGG collection.)

I would list the unit you're missing there too. The link for people that "Want Parts in Trade" will always be right there on the game page (under "Statistics"), but this thread will quickly get lost.

I suspect if someone did stumble across extra parts, you'll be much more likely to get a GeekMail if you list it there.

I've gotten parts I was missing for other games this way, so it works! (At least for games that don't cost $2000 on the open market!)

[Edit: Too slow! Also, now Sphere knows I'm too busy for games this week, but not too busy to hem and haw over a BGG reply...]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
walkie wrote:
Also, now Sphere knows I'm too busy for games this week, but not too busy to hem and haw over a BGG reply...

At least we were doing a mind meld on the answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.