GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,268 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Lincoln's War» Forums » General

Subject: New Blog on the Kickstarter Project rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just posted. Here is my take on the good - no, GREAT NEWS

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/blog/445/lincolns-war-politics-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Sautman
United States
Evans
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Those of you who have previously preordered will be asked to transfer your support to Kickstarter as soon as the site opens."

OK, so is MMP going to cancel all of our preorders automatically or will we have to do that ourself? Just want to make sure I don't get billed twice.

What happens if the Kickstarter campaign does not succeed if our preorders are canceled? (Don't mean to be a downer since I'm hoping this is very successful).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

I understand your concern, Mark, this was something that was considered long and hard before we all took the plunge. NO, you will not be double billed. Exactly when the LW preorders will be cancelled will by announced by MMP. Believe me the MMP boys want this foray into Kickstarter to be a success just as they want LINCOLN'S WAR to be a success. We won't let you down.

You're not being a downer ... this IS the first step on the way to the press.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh you seekers of the new who run terrified from history into the clutches of an eternal life where no electric shaver can be built to last.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Let's get down to brass tacks. How much to get my face on a card? I want my face on a card, and not one of those bullshit sedition cards that nobody wants. I want to be a General. How much is that gonna cost me to get on a card, dressed as a Lieutenant General?

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There will be a very limited number of cards available for personalization, but personalized counters will be another matter. That's it. You gotta wait for the rest.;whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Cocke
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
zautman wrote:
"Those of you who have previously preordered will be asked to transfer your support to Kickstarter as soon as the site opens."

OK, so is MMP going to cancel all of our preorders automatically or will we have to do that ourself? Just want to make sure I don't get billed twice.

What happens if the Kickstarter campaign does not succeed if our preorders are canceled? (Don't mean to be a downer since I'm hoping this is very successful).

To quote from our announcement:
"all existing preorders will be nullified without the need for any action by our customers."

Of course, it would be easier if John were to link to the announcement:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/926964/lincoln-war-to-re...

"What happens if the Kickstarter campaign does not succeed?"

That would be TOTAL FAIL. Don't let it happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't have to, Perry. You beat me to it!

To those of you still searching for the Lincoln's War Kickstarter Page, it will not appear until the beginning of March. We WILL let you know when it appears. Don't fret that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.