BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: Great experience with Gamesurplus rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Noel Llopis
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
I recently discovered Gamesurplus. They are a great source of import games that you can't find anywhere else in the US (or you can find them at Funagain but a lot more expensive).

I emailed them a couple of times about availability of different games, and Thor answered within minutes in a very friendly tone.

I eventually placed an order with them, it arrived quickly and very well packaged, but one small game (Hanabi) was missing. I emailed them and they immediately sent a replacement along with another small game to make up for the inconvenience.

So all around, I'm extremely impressed with them and I'm looking forward to buying more games from them. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

--Noel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
Thor is good people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
UndeadViking wrote:
Thor is good people.

Verily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my order in two days! Thanks Thor! Zooloretto dice is awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thor = excellence

Great guy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jacobs
United States
Canton
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Concur with positive statements about Thor and his business. I had a great experience ordering from GS when I could not find certain games at CSI, my usual source.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Miczek
United States
Saratoga Springs
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Surplus is absolutely the best when it comes to imports. They have come through numerous times for me not only acquiring requested imports but additionally tagging them with a great price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Smith
United States
Tavares
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got a small order from here myself...Love Gamesurplus!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonty
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thor is Mighty!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendahl Johnson
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamesurplus is a good business to work with. I do wish they had some sort of "Notify me when this game is back in stock" type button like some of the other sites have because I always feel like I'm bugging them when I email to ask the question of availability...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Llopis
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
kendahlj wrote:
I do wish they had some sort of "Notify me when this game is back in stock" type button like some of the other sites have because I always feel like I'm bugging them when I email to ask the question of availability...

Yes, me too! I asked Thor about at least setting up an RSS feed for their news page, but they need to talk to their web guy. So in the meanwhile I made one myself: http://feed43.com/6721860553248585.xml

Also, if you want to be notified by email whenever their news page changes: https://www.changedetection.com/log/gamesurplus/news2_log.ht...

Or you can even set up yourself a changedetection for the game you're waiting to be stocked. Works pretty well!

--Noel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OLGS geeklist: http://boardgamegeek.com/listitem/984022?commentid=3588228#c...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Irina Tykhenko
Ukraine
Kiyv
flag msg tools
Hi, all.

I'm also very grateful for Game Surplus and Thor. We are a small producer of the games in Ukraine, and Thor kindly agreed to try sales of our 'Admiral' game in his store.

So I feel something uncomfortable that this attempt was not finished successfully because of my side: we made a contract with a distributor and because of the contract details we are unable to finish the deal with Game Surplus.

By this message posted here and in few other BGG pages I want once more to say: Thank you, Game Surplus & directly Thor for your support!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.