GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,341 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Gladiatori» Forums » Rules

Subject: What's the point of hidden status when combat? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Blake
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When determining the final defense value in a combat, players are not commanded to explain how did they get it. This means that you may say "ok, hit" or "I'm stopping it with, per exemple, 15 str".

So, the other player, the atacker, should believe him. And should believe that his opponent won't be cheating and manipulating his character sheet at convenience.

I understand that the attacker, by the way, is playing his cards openly, and explaining how is he getting his final attack value. Is the sheet visible at that time?

Are there any moment where players may check the other player's sheet to see that everything is correct?

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Quondam
Italy
Roma
Roma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Both players show played cards on the table, so, as also item cards are visible, some aspects of score calculation are visible and both players can check them and guess/have an idea about hidden scores.

Obviously a bad player could try to cheat.

I suggest three things against this situation:
1) when you find something strange about the opponent you put a note in your sheet, so you can remember it and when that happened.
2) Clarify that's forbidden to manipulate the written text on the sheet. Sheets need to result clear and in order.
3) At the end of the game is possible to check the opponent sheet.

Ciao!
Michele

PS. Another good suggestion is: if your opponent is a cheater, play with some other :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Blake
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Michelle. Thanks for your quick answer.

So I understand that character sheets are always hidden, and part of the strategy of the game is trying to get a picture of how the other player is managing his/her character, isn't it?

Gracias!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Quondam
Italy
Roma
Roma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, sure.

Hidden values are important to make the game more thrilling :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Castelli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Robert Blake wrote:
Hi Michelle.

I can assure you he is a man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Blake
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I know. Just typing fast
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.