GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,871 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

The Boss» Forums » General

Subject: My son, the Godfather. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(Not suitable for an actual Session Report ... or so I've been told.)

It took about 6 weeks, but I finally got my copy of The Boss. Unfortunately, it came a couple days after a gaming day, so I have to wait until next Saturday to game with those in my group.

My son (still six) didn't want to wait.

As he's watched me play this numerous times online, he already knows how to play. Result: one I gave it to a game, he set the whole starting position up and we were good to go.

He needs to learn not to play the gun so quickly, and he needs to learn not to use his part-timers up so fast. I need to learn not to go for Detroit (in our second of two games, I lost two guys to the Motor City).

I won both fairly easily, but he won't be denied. Opportunities, that is: looks like this will be the 'go-to' game for the week ahead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Interaction leads to Immersion.
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
My recommendation: get his mom or a friend of his in... this game is best played with 3 (okayish with 4, rather "stupid" with 2 )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
m Vlad
Romania
flag msg tools
mb
My copy came with the expansion included, what about the 6 player game ? Is it any good in 3 teams of two ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.