Popular Tags: [View All]
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you own the Dungeon Twister expansion Paladins & Dragons, what do you think of how it plays? A quick overview of the characters, from a few notes online, suggest that the new characters are either stacked to be really powerful or really fast, which could unbalance the original game? Does it play out that way or is there more?

I really enjoying playing Dungeon Twister, but I've just started and am wondering if it would be better to stick with the original set for now or add in the expansion quickly? Right now I'm trouncing my poor husband severely -- he's a great sport to keep playing with me, although I did have to promise to be a more gracious winner... No more taking five actions if I only need three to win; no need to overdo it now... gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bonjour Diane,

I haven't bought that expansion yet, but since you read French, I suggest going to the official forum of Dungeon Twisters, the guys (and gals) there are quite knowledgable and will be able to enlighten you.

The forum is there : http://www.dungeontwister.com/fr/forum/

Amuses-toi bien!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I did that and while it was interesting, it was not as useful as I'd hoped. Many of the new characters get mixed reviews (like the usefulness of the ghost, or the dreaded no-move dragon), so I was hoping to hear from some newer US players too.

Merci beaucoup! Explorez les jeux!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Houserule Jay
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have pre-ordered this, for $15.00 US it is almost a no-brainer if you like the game IMO.

It will give the game more replay value, freshness, options, variety and strategic depth.

We really like the game but using the same characters every game made the freshness ware off really fast for us. I'm going to play with the expansion 2 ways, getting to pick your team and with random character assignment. In the random way, you are forced to make the best of team you are given playing to each character's given strengths and weakness's. This add's a little luck but also unpredictability which I like in a game. With being able to pick, I think you will find your always using the same characters and leaving out others which can make it feel too routine.

Happy Gaming. J

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.