Mike Compton
United States
Lawrence
KS
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If any of you are in the Salt Lake area, there is a really great gaming store I game at over in Sugarhouse called "Game Night Games".

Game Night Games
2030 South 900 East Suite E
Salt Lake City, UT 84105
1-801-467-2400
www.gamenightgames.com

They cater to Euro-gamers and pretty much only Euro-gamers - no "Magic, The Gathering" or D&D stuff. They have free open gaming there Monday through Thursday nights. Fridays and Saturdays are $3.00 per person to game.

Game Night Games has a loyalty program that, if you sign up for it, gives you a certain percentage of your purchases back quarterly in the form of "Game Gold" gift certificates. They also have a "Gamer's Advantage" program which, for a fee, signs you up quarterly to receive further discounts off of games and it allows you to come on Friday and Saturday nights without paying the cover fee.

The environment is great and the people who go there for the most part are really cool people. Tournaments are held periodically for games like Puerto Rico, Settlers, Saint Petersburg, Wings of War, and also other games like Tikal and China. There is a rich sense of community and people are always willing to teach newcomers. If you plan on coming during the week, the best time is Wednesday night as that seems to be the most attended night out of the week.

Come check it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bernhardt
United States
saratoga springs
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget the parties. The GNG New Year's party was a blast.

Im hoping the store is open today, i'll probably stop by...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will second the notion that this is a great store. I'm from Oklahoma City & was in the area on business. I stopped in for a game night and everyone was helpful, friendly, and a great bunch of guys (even though I had hit some of their thrift stores earlier in the week.)

Stop in if you can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
okiedokie wrote:
(even though I had hit some of their thrift stores earlier in the week.)

And thanks for leaving that partial Loopin' Louie for me.

I certainly had fun playing games with you that night. Drop us a line if they send you back to Hill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Compton
United States
Lawrence
KS
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To Steve:

Yeah, the New Year's party was a blast - ringin' in the new year with some eurogames.

The other parties there have also been really fun. The Halloween one was cool in that we played "The Werewolves of Miller's Hollow" and that huge, realistic depiction of the moon that they have on the back wall was the backdrop. It really supported the theme of the game and made for some good humor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spielguy wrote:
okiedokie wrote:
(even though I had hit some of their thrift stores earlier in the week.)

And thanks for leaving that partial Loopin' Louie for me.

I STILL regret not grabbing that Loopin' Louie. I haven't seen one since either. grrrrrrr.

Not sure if I'll be getting out that way much. My workload has changed & I don't travel as much. double grrrrrrrr

If you're ever in Oklahoma City, drop me a line & we'll play a few games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.