Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marek Cz
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I can read there are no differences between collectors and normal editions (OK - the box is having this additional phrase - Collector's edition).

So why someone came up with collector's edition ?? Was there any difference at the beginning and now there is not ??
What I am thinking - The collectors editions included The Pit and Doomed Promos but some greedy shops sold them separately and now they are left with the game itself which is sold as a normal edition.
Am I thinking right or could someone explain it better ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could be wrong, but I think it is the foil box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it is the box and it was mainly for kickstarter (also theoretically was to be "numbered", etc).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marek Cz
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the foil box is the only difference here then we've got here number 1 for the "Poorest Collector's edition in the history of board games"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Reed
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Collector's Edition

If you choose any of the COLLECTOR'S supporter levels, you will receive a numbered special collector's edition of Escape, signed by the designer and featuring gold foiling on the box.  Bling!

From the kickstarter site for this game.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1016374822/escape-the-cu...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Davis
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Collector's Edition

If you choose any of the COLLECTOR'S supporter levels, you will receive a numbered special collector's edition of Escape, signed by the designer and featuring gold foiling on the box.  Bling!

I just received the Collector's edition and the only thing I see so far is the gold foil on the box. No signatures that I can find....

Maybe it is just the KS ones that have the signature?

- SK

Edit: And there are six rulebooks (6 languages).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Krajewski
United States
Fitchburg
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The signature was going to be sent to kickstarter backers on a sticker that you can put on the box. If you bought it from a retail location I suspect that all you get is the gold foil box. There might have been an Escape poster inside the box as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Davis
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mkrajew wrote:
There might have been an Escape poster inside the box as well.

Nope!

At least with the game I received, the only differences are the Gold Foil and the 6 Rulebooks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marek Cz
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sargonkid wrote:
... the only differences are the Gold Foil and the 6 Rulebooks.

Yep - so its official: number 1 for the "Poorest Collector's edition in the history of board games"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Davis
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is going to sound strange, but I bought the Collector's Edition because is was $3.00 cheaper than the "normal" version on Amazon.com. Even though they were both "fulfilled" by Amazon, they were being supplied by different vendors - that would, I suspect, explain the weird pricing differences.

-SK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.