GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,066 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Combat Commander: Pacific» Forums » Rules

Subject: Weapons exchange question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JS Bourget
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've found nothing on this particular point in the forum.
The rule says:
"O22.2 ABILITIES
An advancing unit may:
transfer its weapon to another friendly unit
stacked with it. This can be done before or
after the transferring unit Advances. The
receiving unit need not be activated."

I suppose that an exchange (may be useful if one unit is broken) would require the second unit to be activated.

It therefore could be possible to get two units in adjacent hexes to swap their weapon? (activate both units to advance with a leader, move the first unit in the other one's hex, then swap the weapons before the second unit moves).
I suppose that using two consecutive advance orders to do so (no leader around) would contravene the rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JSBourget wrote:
I've found nothing on this particular point in the forum.
The rule says:
"O22.2 ABILITIES
An advancing unit may:
transfer its weapon to another friendly unit
stacked with it. This can be done before or
after the transferring unit Advances. The
receiving unit need not be activated."

I suppose that an exchange (may be useful if one unit is broken) would require the second unit to be activated.

It therefore could be possible to get two units in adjacent hexes to swap their weapon? (activate both units to advance with a leader, move the first unit in the other one's hex, then swap the weapons before the second unit moves).
I suppose that using two consecutive advance orders to do so (no leader around) would contravene the rules?

You cannot swap weapons. You are transferring a weapon from one unit to another. A unit cannot have two weapons at the same time, so you can't transfer your LMG to the unit with the Light Mortar and then give the Light Mortar to the second unit.

If you read what you quoted in the rules:
Quote:
transfer its weapon to another friendly unit stacked with it

it doesn't say 'swap' or 'exchange'. It is the transfer of a weapon from one unit to another.

Remember the key to Combat Commander is that you do not infer or imply...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JS Bourget
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, Thank You!
So, when in such a situation, and in a urge of giving the right weapon to the right unit, You would have to get rid of the other weapon first (which can make sense indeed).

Edit: sorry for my english! blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JSBourget wrote:
Ok, Thank You!
So, when in such a situation, and in a urge of giving the right weapon to the right unit, You would have to get rid of the other weapon first (which can make sense indeed).

Correct. You can voluntarily eliminate a weapon at any time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When personnel are issued weapons they have to sign for it. There are strict penalties for not returning your weapon to the supply point when you go on leave. They are also tracked by serial number. You can see why soldiers might be reluctant to exchange weapons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone dalla Chiesa
Italy
Cassina de' Pecchi
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drmark64 wrote:
When personnel are issued weapons they have to sign for it. There are strict penalties for not returning your weapon to the supply point when you go on leave. They are also tracked by serial number. You can see why soldiers might be reluctant to exchange weapons. :D

That's why those trays are so convenient!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.