Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan
Canada
ONTARIO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why this review.
I decided I own enough board games to start posting reviews. I own Agricola, Catan, Carcassonne and many more games, but all those games already have tons of reviews. I'll start reviewing the less popular games I own.

What Do I Think About Carcassonne: The Dice Game

d10-1 I wanted to love this game, as I consider myself a big Carcassonne fan.
d10-2 It looked amazing in the store, and I loved the meeple shape tin.
d10-3 I played it a lot, even when at first I didn't like it, to give it a fair chance, it's Carcassonne after all!
d10-4 The theme of Carcassonne didn't come through in this game, unlike the Catan Dice Game, or Alhambra The Dice Game.
d10-5 Sadly, as much as I love Carcassonne, this didn't cut it for me.

indigo Game Board 1/6

There is a game pad to keep track of scoring, and that's it. It's very useless and almost insulting to anyone spending money to buy this game. It an empty white, thin pad of thin paper with one of those free pencil you get from the supermarket. Those pieces alone are pathetic, and are a clear message that the company involved in making this game skipped on quality. The Metal tin is the best part of this whole set, the tin is beautiful, and has a "collector" feels to it. It’s like the company put all their effort and money on that tin.

corn Game's Bits 2/6

Nine dice and nothing else, again the quality, feels like “rushed and/or cheap" with the dice being engraved, then painted, it should have been great, but upon closer look, the paint job quality varies from one die to the next. Sometime the black paint is outside the engraved part, making them look horrible. Only one color was used, again giving the dice a cheap and/or rushed feel to them. Sorry to compare again, but Catan Dice Game and Alhambra The Dice Game has similar dice, but well executed, 6 colors on each dice, and properly painted, so it's definitely not asking much to get some quality dice for a Carcassonne dice game.

sugar Rule Book and Rules 3/6

The rules are on a simple flyer in the shape of the tin that can be folded and stored inside the tin. Most of the quality of this game is actually here, it's a nice shape, it open up nicely and is somewhat clear. They still skipped quality here with almost no pictures to explain specific situation, it's nothing major but it goes with the "rush and/or cheap feeling" of everything else in this game.

tobacco Game Mechanic 1/6

Here it's weird, I think it could have been better, but again, the execution is just horrible. You roll to build the largest city, you can roll catapults, and they hurt you by removing themselves from any future roll this turn. They also added a meeple side, if you roll 3 of them, you get to double your next turn score, and you keep one die with you until that turn, "hurting the other players", as they have one less die to play with.

I think they should of picked one of the two mechanics but not both, as they undermined each other. For me the meeples are almost useless, as on the next turn you might roll 4 catapults, and you wasted that “bonus”. Also, since you only keep one die from the total 9, it's not a big "hurt" on the other players, who will likely roll more catapults and hurt themselves a lot more then you ever did.

coffee Re-playability 1/6

None, sorry, I forced myself to play it for a few hours, but after the first 5 minutes, I had already rolled my worst and best rolls that would come up for the next hour, the rest was just downhill from there.

I asked my wife (who also loves Carcassonne) to play this with me and see what she thought about this game, after a few minutes she told me she hated it. I also noticed that she actually had a hard time building up her city from those Rorschach shaped city pieces printed on the dice, I didn't have that issue, but it was interesting to see that not everyone could easily capture those Rorschach shaped to build a city, or a "black blob" as my wife called it.

thumbsdown For Carcassonne fans, and everyone else.

Bad execution across the line, cheap pieces, and flat game play, only the metal tin is nice in this whole set, I ended up dumping the game, and keeping the tin as a collector item to store the tiles of my Carcassonne mini expansion.

Total SCORE
: 1/6

1/6
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Huntington Station
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Exactly.

Your pictures make the game seem better than it actually is. I can't believe no one thought to make the dice green at least.

What did you do with your dice from this turd of a game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
Canada
ONTARIO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This Photo session, then I gave them to my older 4 yrs old daughter to play with and loose them over the next few weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.