Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Ajoy
Ecuador
Quito
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not all that clear on some rules:

It is true that both players could use the same color of instructions. Eg Both players using red pyramids to Erase, both players using blue pyramids to Jump, etc?

Is it possible for one player to place his instruction marker on another players instructions?

And so far, it seems to me that the main strategy to try to attack and win is to place Erase instructions close to the other player active block, and then execute those instructions. But what usually ends up happening is that by placing Erase instructions, both active blocks, mine and his, become one, and my opponent is then able to manipulate the joined active block to escape or jump freely around the joined block.

What does this paragraph mean:

Quote:
The player can destroy an instruction if it is adjacent orthogonally to any ERASE instruction in their active block

Does it mean, that There are two ERASE instructions, one: on which my instruction marker is on right now. and another ERASE instruction is in my own active block. I can only erase instructions from my active block. And thus, I can only try to isolate my opponent my simultaneously allowing both active blocks to be merged (for a moment)

or does it mean: that there are two ERASE instructions, one: on which my instruction marker is on right now. and another ERASE instruction is in any active block (Eg. my opponents). I can destroy an instruction of this active block without our blocks being joined.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the late reply... I've been too busy with life lately

DanielAjoy wrote:
I'm not all that clear on some rules:

It is true that both players could use the same color of instructions. Eg Both players using red pyramids to Erase, both players using blue pyramids to Jump, etc?

Yes, ideally the game should be played using one color for each instruction. Using two colors is only an alternative option if you have not enough pieces of the main colors...

Quote:

Is it possible for one player to place his instruction marker on another players instructions?

Yes. Once placed on the board, instructions don't belong to any particular player.

Quote:

And so far, it seems to me that the main strategy to try to attack and win is to place Erase instructions close to the other player active block, and then execute those instructions. But what usually ends up happening is that by placing Erase instructions, both active blocks, mine and his, become one, and my opponent is then able to manipulate the joined active block to escape or jump freely around the joined block.

What does this paragraph mean:

Quote:
The player can destroy an instruction if it is adjacent orthogonally to any ERASE instruction in their active block

Does it mean, that There are two ERASE instructions, one: on which my instruction marker is on right now. and another ERASE instruction is in my own active block. I can only erase instructions from my active block. And thus, I can only try to isolate my opponent my simultaneously allowing both active blocks to be merged (for a moment)

or does it mean: that there are two ERASE instructions, one: on which my instruction marker is on right now. and another ERASE instruction is in any active block (Eg. my opponents). I can destroy an instruction of this active block without our blocks being joined.

The first one. You can erase using any erase instruction in your active block.

The second option could make the game too easy... but feel free to experiment and post feedback if you do. I developed the game pretty fast when I did and tried different options while testing, but I admit the game wasn't as playtested as it should have been... I'm always open to improvements...

In fact I started doing a version of this game using tiles and instead of having a fixed set of instructions to use, you'd draw from the tile bag... so I don't know... I'm open to changes...

And last... hopefully I'll make this into an iOS app one day

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.