Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Love
United Kingdom
Ipswich
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
In the "Dice Tower Kickstarter" promo bundle E (pictured here http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tomvasel/the-dice-tower-... ) there are 5 new cards. The only one that can be fully seen is Pirate.

Will it be possible to get real, or PnP versions of these outside of this Kickstarter, and how are they used?!

Cheers
Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
I would second that motion.
Because - ARE YOU KIDDIN ME? HOW MUCH MONEY do I have to spend to get to the ONE AND ONLY Promo I would like to have?
Come on!
I like the Dice Tower reviews, and would support them, but $100 + shipping and customs...? Really?
That is just ridiculous.

However, there might already be a mistake on the fully visible "Pirate" card. There is a big difference between the CAMP and SHELTER. You will ALWAYS have the CAMP token on the FIRST tile, as it is the cross. Not placing it there makes absolutely no sense in game mechanical terms, and takes setup instructions ad absurdum.

The right terminology might therefore be:
You cannot built shelter on the first Island tile your camp is on.
...which means that you have to move camp once before you can built shelter...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X-ta
Hungary
Cegléd
flag msg tools
badge
“I’ve often thought it unfair that women are expected to stay at home when there’s a fight to be won. If a woman has the strength to bear a child, she can swing a sword as well as any man.” ― Karen Hawkins
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumon wrote:

The right terminology therefore CAN only be:
You cannot built shelter on the first Island tile your camp is on.
...which means that you have to move camp once before you can built shelter...

It says: Players can't have the Camp on the first explored Island tile.
And since the first part of the card is talking about Exploration Action, I guess, this "first explored Island tile" is not the one you start the game from, but the first one you turn up with an Exploration Action. And in this way it does makes sense...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Masson
United States
Yuma
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also don't understand that kickstarter campaign. Why would anyone participate, unless they had all or most of the games they are making goodies for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might be right, there.
However, this is such an easily prevented situation that it does not even count as any part of a restriction, in my book. Even in a scenario like "Volcano Island", where you have only two ways around the mountain, there is always "the other tile". And if you can build shelter on the initial (starting) tile, why, then you just wait for second exploration.

I don't know, I just would have deemed "cannot build shelter on the first tile" much more feasible. It is not too restrictive, as you can easily move camp before the first night, but it gives the extra problem of not being able to build shelter during the first round.
Oh, what the heck, you most likely cannot build shelter in the first round, anyways. I just thought it made more sense that you HAD to move at least once before doing so, rather than a "don't camp here" sign on the first tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Daneman
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Kickstarter campaign is to support the Dice Tower, not to buy promo cards. The promo cards are just thank you gifts for the support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom asked me if I can help, so I designed few new cards for his campaign.
These cards will be gift for people who support TDT.

We - of course - agreed that these cards will be free to download from BGG for all who don't want or can't support TDT. I will post them at the end of February, in English, German and Polish versions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it is a great idea, and a fantastic gesture, Ignacy.
And what I criticise is not that you did so. But what I don't understand is that DiceTower doesn't offer these Promos differently.
I find it striking that these Promos are levelled. And that one of the most intriguing one (yours) can only be got if you are VERY generous...

Now, I know that it's not about the promos. However, for all of us who are completists or collectors, they are "quite expensive"...

But I think it is great that you will provide them for download...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Love
United Kingdom
Ipswich
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Ignacy,
Thanks for the update. Great to hear we can download them, and a nice bonus for dice tower supporters.
Cheers
Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.