Popular Tags: [View All]
Juan Crespo
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

I just submitted two new Fleet variants to the files section. They are intended to be used together, but they are modular. One of them is a solitaire version of Fleet. In this one you bid against a big fishery - Ahoy!Inc. (AI) for the purchase of licenses. It's modified from the solo version by Winterfella.

The second one, Charting New Waters (file pending for approval) adds another layer of complexity to Fleet. You place your licenses in fixed positions on a 3x3 tableau (similar to Tournay), forming a sort of "map" that represents the waters of Ridback Bay. Your position on the map dictates where you can place more licenses, which boats can be launched and which bonuses can be used. The spatial restrictions add extra depth to your decisions.

I enjoyed designing and playtesting these variants, and hopefully other Fleet fans will enjoy these ideas. Any comments and suggestions are welcome!

Edit: files approved already. They're both available for download.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Mayes
United States
Litchfield Park
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm excited to check these out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Juan, that is awesome! I will definately check them out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Crespo
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Errata:

I found one mistake in the posted Solitaire Variant: when bidding against the AI for the middle license, if your bid is > or equal to AI's, you win the license.

This makes a huge difference in gameplay. I will update the file ASAP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.