Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
40 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Tammany Hall» Forums » General

Subject: When do you think the online retailers will officially get Tammany Hall? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Outside of the few that were leaked, now that the kickstarters are being shipped and the FLGS have them as well, how long do you think it will be until stors like CSI and Miniature Market will officially stock it?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Mayes
United States
Litchfield Park
Arizona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't received my kickstarter copy yet. Maybe in like a month?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kcrash5 wrote:
Haven't received my kickstarter copy yet.


Me neither. soblue
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Are they widely available at local stores? If so I'd say online stores within a week.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Connor
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
thedacker wrote:
Kcrash5 wrote:
Haven't received my kickstarter copy yet.


Me neither. soblue


Me III.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CLS Games -- Atlanta's Board Game Warehouse
United States
Kennesaw
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Myoman wrote:
Outside of the few that were leaked,


Tammany Hall has been in stock for on-line purchases for over 2 weeks in the BGG marketplace. And it is not "a few leaked copies" -- it is a normal release (for us) and there are cases of the game available. It seems to be a popular game -- we have had to re-order it 3 times now to keep up with demand.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rsolow wrote:
Myoman wrote:
Outside of the few that were leaked,


Tammany Hall has been in stock for on-line purchases for over 2 weeks in the BGG marketplace. And it is not "a few leaked copies" -- it is a normal release (for us) and there are cases of the game available. It seems to be a popular game -- we have had to re-order it 3 times now to keep up with demand.



Ah yes, the good ole' backers will receive theirs before retailers have to reorder 5 times promise!

shake

Still waiting in California...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Barnes
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rsolow wrote:
Myoman wrote:
Outside of the few that were leaked,


Tammany Hall has been in stock for on-line purchases for over 2 weeks in the BGG marketplace. And it is not "a few leaked copies" -- it is a normal release (for us) and there are cases of the game available. It seems to be a popular game -- we have had to re-order it 3 times now to keep up with demand.



That's FN' BS! Still waiting on my KS to arrive.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacDonald
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Still on pre-order over at miniature market, so it looks like some retailers must be waiting as well. Can't wait to get my copy from them. The game looks great and I am glad to hear the quality is top notch.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I'm wanting to order it on csi, but if it is going to be awhile until it is available then i will get something else. Hence my OP.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pandasaurus Games
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
www.pandasaurusgames.com
badge
www.pandasaurusgames.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It will be getting to the OLGS once the kickstarter copies have all made their way out the door.

My intention was that no copies would make it to retail before the kickstarted copies were shipped, but I made a mistake and some trickled out.

I do however want to comment that this was certainly not a "regular release". I know exactly how many copies made it into the distribution channel at this point and it is a tiny fraction of the number that have gone to kickstarter backers. "Cases" of the game have 6 copies in them, so I don't want people to get the impression that there are thousands of copies in the wild. There aren't.
7 
 Thumb up
20.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
While sleeping, watch!
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The production of Hoffman lenses is incumbent upon all true scientists
badge
The tallest mountains, the darkest forests, the deepest deserts, the oldest books, there you will find the stone.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
stooge wrote:
It will be getting to the OLGS once the kickstarter copies have all made their way out the door.

My intention was that no copies would make it to retail before the kickstarted copies were shipped, but I made a mistake and some trickled out.

I do however want to comment that this was certainly not a "regular release". I know exactly how many copies made it into the distribution channel at this point and it is a tiny fraction of the number that have gone to kickstarter backers. "Cases" of the game have 6 copies in them, so I don't want people to get the impression that there are thousands of copies in the wild. There aren't.


Excellent Post Nathan!!!

Exactly what I like to see as a backer of something. Quick, honest, awesome and human. Mistakes happen and I know that, I may not like it but I'm OK with the few copies that have slipped out which were a mistake. I'm just hoping for our groups order to arrive before COTN next weekend.

To all following this and doing Kickstarters, this is exactly what your supporters want to see. Quick update, blunt honesty, what is going on.

Makes me want to support your other work. IMHO this is what 95% of people supporting through KS want to see.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul / PHX Gamer
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So if only a few copies leaked out, how could a distributor reorder 3 times?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gtogixxer wrote:
So if only a few copies leaked out, how could a distributor reorder 3 times?


A retailer? Ordering doesn't mean he got more copies.

B>
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul / PHX Gamer
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
thepackrat wrote:
gtogixxer wrote:
So if only a few copies leaked out, how could a distributor reorder 3 times?


A retailer? Ordering doesn't mean he got more copies.

B>


Agreed, but why reorder 3 times? Why not just reorder once? Things that make you go hmmm...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cast Ll'tor
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gtogixxer wrote:
thepackrat wrote:
gtogixxer wrote:
So if only a few copies leaked out, how could a distributor reorder 3 times?


A retailer? Ordering doesn't mean he got more copies.

B>


Agreed, but why reorder 3 times? Why not just reorder once? Things that make you go hmmm...


I don't know.

But maybe something like:

"Hey, we got a case of 6 games early. Awesome, let's sell them for profit in the BGG Marketplace."

Then:

"Hey, we sold all 6 copies of this game. It must be pretty good. Let's re-order another case."

Then:

"Hey, we got 7 orders for this game that we don't have copies of - maybe we should re-order ANOTHER case."

Then:

"Hey, we now have 13 orders for this game we don't have copies of - maybe we need to re-order ANOTHER case."


Not that I know, but this makes sense to me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CLS, AFAIK, doesn't sell a game on BGG unless it is in stock.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
whattheproblemis wrote:
CLS, AFAIK, doesn't sell a game on BGG unless it is in stock.


They do do Preorders.

B>
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
And when they don't have it in stock it's clearly labeled as a pre-order .. but then you've been told that at least three times already including by the owner of CLS directly.



rsolow wrote:
Myoman wrote:
Outside of the few that were leaked,


Tammany Hall has been in stock for on-line purchases for over 2 weeks in the BGG marketplace. And it is not "a few leaked copies" -- it is a normal release (for us) and there are cases of the game available. It seems to be a popular game -- we have had to re-order it 3 times now to keep up with demand.



It could not be more clear - he has had it in stock for over three weeks now and there are cases of the game available.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some multiple of 6 copies available. Got it.

B>
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KAS
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Just got a notice from Funagain that they have copies in stock:

https://www.funagain.com/control/product?product_id=021083
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Martin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Nice to see that the band is back together...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
While sleeping, watch!
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The production of Hoffman lenses is incumbent upon all true scientists
badge
The tallest mountains, the darkest forests, the deepest deserts, the oldest books, there you will find the stone.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like I took some bait....

MillertimeRC wrote:
And when they don't have it in stock it's clearly labeled as a pre-order .. but then you've been told that at least three times already including by the owner of CLS directly.



rsolow wrote:
Myoman wrote:
Outside of the few that were leaked,


Tammany Hall has been in stock for on-line purchases for over 2 weeks in the BGG marketplace. And it is not "a few leaked copies" -- it is a normal release (for us) and there are cases of the game available. It seems to be a popular game -- we have had to re-order it 3 times now to keep up with demand.



It could not be more clear - he has had it in stock for over three weeks now and there are cases of the game available.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
While sleeping, watch!
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The production of Hoffman lenses is incumbent upon all true scientists
badge
The tallest mountains, the darkest forests, the deepest deserts, the oldest books, there you will find the stone.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kneumann wrote:
Just got a notice from Funagain that they have copies in stock:

https://www.funagain.com/control/product?product_id=021083


....since I don't have my copy yet.

This is upsetting.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hall
United States
Mesa
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree very upsetting. I got a kickstarter game sooner and one man shipped all his games...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.