Hide
4 Posts

Sentinels of the Multiverse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hypersonic Assault vs. Sonic Mine rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
reece bues
msg tools
Hypersonic Assault (deal each non-hero target 1 sonic damage. Targets dealt damage this way cannot deal damage until the start of your next turn) destroys Sonic Mine (When this card is destroyed, this card deals each hero target 2 sonic damage. Targets dealt damage this way cannot deal damage until the start of the next villain turn). How would this play out? Would Sonic Mine trigger and deal damage, or would would it be prevented by the 2nd ability of Hypersonic Assault?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Davis
United States
Hobbs
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would interpret the timing to be that sonic mine does not get an opportunity to deal damage because it's damage is a reaction to it being destroyed, which is a reaction to Hypersonic Assault, which when played starts a timing precedence which remains until the start of the hero's next turn.

it's not the weird instant/interrupt reverse timing of M:tG or WoW:CCG where the last card played is resolved first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SnipedintheHead
United States
Burlington
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
I went to BGG and I all got was this Overtext
mbmbmbmbmb
Caedmus wrote:
I would interpret the timing to be that sonic mine does not get an opportunity to deal damage because it's damage is a reaction to it being destroyed, which is a reaction to Hypersonic Assault, which when played starts a timing precedence which remains until the start of the hero's next turn.

it's not the weird instant/interrupt reverse timing of M:tG or WoW:CCG where the last card played is resolved first.

This would be the correct interpretation

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, Hypersonic Assault stops it from being able to deal damage, so the secondary effect won't happen. Super-speed is a good way to clear mines!
Stun Bolting them is also a good method.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.