Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
check out johnmatson.com. John is the illustrator of the Vulca deck, and if you dig through his art archives he's got info tidbits for each piece of art (note the Blue Moon art is tagged in blue) related to the creation of that piece, the story behind that character, etc. It's neat flavor stuff that makes the world even richer for me. An example:

Ember

As with some of the other characters, I created the history for this guy out of his name (we were supplied with a list of all the card names). "Ember" seemed very different from the rest, evoking much quieter imagery. I ran with the idea that he was a former leader/ grand poobah of Vulca society now removed from power and somewhat ostracized. He has lost his former name as a result, and whether a natural physical occurrence or something more psychological, he has quite literally lost his fire.

I approached the flames on top of their heads in a few different manners, sometimes to reinforce their namesake, and also by color- thinking that the greater their mastery over flame, the more they flaunt it by altering the color from the traditional oranges and yellows. Poor Ember here has been reduced to some wispy smoke and a simple yellow-orange light spell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.