GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,973 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Dust Tactics» Forums » Rules

Subject: A very basic question about declaration rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simone C.
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello! I am new to dust and I'd like to ask something:

1) I don't understand how declaration rule works, which one of these is right?

a) Declare all the actions of the round AND skill/special weapons/number of ammo to use BEFORE executing them one at time

b) Declare all the actions of the round (only, so no skill, no special weapon etc.) and for each action, just before executing it, declare skill/special weapon/number of ammo to use and so on

2) Reactive fire: should the opponent declare it AFTER I declare all the actions for the round and before executing them or can he declare it in the middle of my actions?

3) If a unit has a jump skill and 1MV and want to jump over an obstacle it has to use 2 move actions, but if the opponent wants to reactive fire, which square is used for los and range?

Thank You!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1) That would be option A. You must declare all your actions for that activation (Attack+Move, Sustained Fire, etc). If you're attacking, before you roll any dice, you need to declare which weapons you're using and who each of them is targeting. Whether or not you're using C weapons, and how many limited ammo weapons. You also need to declare any skill you're using that will affect this attack (Berserk, All-In-One, Heroic Attack, etc). Though there are some skills that you might end up using that you wouldn't declare beforehands, like Medal of Honor.

2)Reactive Fire must be declared before you execute your attack action. It can be declared at any point before that, either when you declare what your actions will be, or just after you perform your first Move action.

3)I guess the Reactive Fire would take place in the intermediate square, where the target is effectively in the air.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.