David McKenna
msg tools
Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?
mbmbmbmbmb

Click here to withdraw to the first day of battle!

Turn 5: June 17, Morning (French morale 8, Allied morale 6)
Weather = Cloudy, improving

(random event = “Napoleon’s illness” (again!) During combat, roll 2 dice and use worst result).
I, II and IG all move to engage I (-1 French morale for early Guard committal of IG), with IIc moving west, IVc moving NW, IIIc moving to Plancenoit, III moving through Genappe, VI through Quatre Bras and Res Art into that location. Finally, Ic moves past Ligny.

I, II and IG all combine to attack I (who have ‘good ground’ in Bousval), forcing I to (again) withdraw. Again, they do so safely, moving into the woods over the river from IIc, with IG advancing into Bousval.

(random event = “Intelligence gathering” Look at next card = “Imperial Indecision”)
Uxbridge moves to La Haye Sainte as II arrives, moving into Waterloo and as both Pr II and Pr IV continue to move south.

French forego their reaction phase

I (is forced to) attack both IG and IIc but are again forced to withdraw (another -1 Allied morale), again making a hazardous retreat over the river to their NW. IIc then loses command control and advances after combat.

Situation at end of turn 5

Turn 6: June 17, Mid-day (French morale 7, Allied morale 5)
Weather = Cloudy, improving

(random event = “Imperial Indecision” May not spend morale points this turn)
IVc moves to Wavre with I, III and IIIc all moving to (re)engage I. IV, VI and Res Art all move along the road to La Haye Sainte, with II moving to Genappe and IG moving to the road between Genappe and Quatre Bras. Finally, Ic moves towards Quatre Bras, moving along the road past Ligny to do so.

I, III, IIc and IIIc all attack I, all remaining engaged against them.

(random event = “Steady lads!” +1 Allied morale)
Uxbridge moves to Plancenoit, with II moving to La Haye Sainte. Pr II and Pr IV then both move SW.

Uxbridge attacks IIIc (over river), forcing IIIc to withdraw: they fail a hazardous retreat roll and so break instead (-1 French morale, +1 Allied morale), with Uxbridge losing command control and advancing after combat. I attacks I, III and IIc, again forced to withdraw (-1 Allied morale for elite unable to advance). IIc retains command control, and I advance after combat.

Situation at end of turn 6

Turn 7: June 17, Afternoon (French morale 7, Allied morale 5)
Weather = Showers, improving

(random event = “Conflicting Orders” Routed marker placed on IG)
IV moves to Plancenoit to engage Uxbridge, with Res Art also moving to do the same and IIc moving to engage I. VI then moves to the woods outside Hougoumont, with II and Ic moving along the orad through La Haye Sainte.

Uxbridge penetrates, moving NE to do so.

I and IIc attack I, forcing I to again withdraw. IIc retains command control, with I advancing after combat. IV attacks Uxbridge (over the river), but are themselves routed 5 hexes (-1 French morale) back towards Genappe. Uxbridge (miraculously!) retains command control, opting not to advance.

(random event = “A change in the Weather” Weather trend marker flipped and cards reshuffled)
Pr IV moves to engage IVc (over bridge), with Pr II moving to the other bridge.

Pr IV attacks IVc, remaining engaged. Uxbridge and I attack I, breaking them outright (-1 French morale, +1 Allied morale), with Uxbridge then losing command control and advancing after combat.

Situation at end of turn 7

Turn 8: June 17, Dusk (French morale 4, Allied morale 7)
Weather = Showers, worsening

(random event = “Michael Ney” Allied player moves VI to attack Res (in Hougoumont), with VI then being routed 5 hexes (-1 French morale) towards Nivelles)
Res Art moves to engage II, with III and Ic moving to engage Uxbridge. II then moves to the woods outside Hougoumont, IV moves onto the road towards La Haye Sainte and IG continues along that same road.

Uxbridge counter charges III, suffering an exchange of troops (morale +/- cancel out)

Res Art attacks II, remaining engaged.

(random event = “March to the guns!” May move 2 units +1 if and only if end adjacent to enemy)
I moves to Chapelle Saint-Lambert, with Pr II crossing the river to aid Pr IV in their upcoming attack on IVc (in Wavre)

IVc counter charge Pr II, but are themselves routed 6 hexes (-1 French morale), with II advancing after combat into Wavre. This 6 hex retreat includes a hazardous retreat, which IVc passes.

II attacks Res Art, routing Res Art 4 hexes (another -1 French morale) towards Genappe and opting to advance after combat.

Situation at end of turn 8

Turn 9: June 17, Evening (French morale 1, Allied morale 7)
Weather = Downpour, worsening

(random event = “Conflicting orders” Routed marker placed on VI)
IV and IG move along the road, with Ic heading W to the same road and IIc moving towards Bousval.

With no combat, the French player then declares this a ‘lull’ turn (+1 French morale)

(random event = “Rally to Old Forward” Associated rolls = Adv Gd rally outside Ligny, while I rallies in Hamme)
I moves SW, with Adv Gd moving up the road past Ligny

Situation at end of turn 9

Turn 10: June 17, Night (French morale 2, Allied morale 7)
Weather = Downpour, worsening

(random event = “Napoleon’s illness” No effect at night)
Ic moves to Plancenoit, with IG moving W of the same. Res Art then moves to the road outside Genappe, VI moves along that from Nivelles and IIc moves to Bousval

That night, III remains broken, I rallies in the LoC at Gosselies and IIIc rallies in that near Fleurus before the French forces gain 1 morale point from rest (+1 French morale)

(random event = “A change on the weather” Weather trend marker flipped, and cards reshuffled)
Pr II moves SW, allowing IV to cross the bridge into Wavre. I then moves SW over the bridge outside Hamme, with Adv Gd moving along the road past Ligny.

Uxbridge then rallies outside La Halpe, with the Allies then regaining 2 morale points from rest (+2 Allied morale)

Situation at end of turn 10

Click here to advance to the third and final day of battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A dismal day of rain and setbacks for the French. I don't think much of Napoleon's chances on the 18th... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Meints
United States
Waterloo
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep not good at all.
At this point I would start with no French offensive combats,just call a Lull every turn to build back up again to hopefully pull out a draw condition. Role of a spoiler to be sure but if the French can avoid a defeat this way so be it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon thornton
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the lull not available on one turn only ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Meints
United States
Waterloo
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Simon

You can't call a Lull on any turn of the 1st day.You can start calling Lulls the start of Day 2(Morning) and every turn thereafter(but no Lulls called at Night of course).

Some battles in the Nappy20 series have restrictions on the use of Lulls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.