Summoner Wars (2012)» Forums » General

Subject: Annoying IOS app rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bally Man
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just got into Summoner Wars and downloaded the free IOS app for the game where you can play as the phoenix elves versus 4 of the other basic factions.

Have encountered a number of issues with the game and was wondering if anyone else had experienced these problems. Most of the issues revolve around Prince Ellien.

As I understand the rules, his ability means that if you want to, you can hit someone within two straight line spaces for an automatic two damage. However if you choose to hit someone 3 straight line spaces away then you may attack them with your range attack where you roll three dice (his attack value)

Put simply the app just doesn't seem to understand this. It sporadically chooses which one you have to do and sometimes won't let you attack someone who is three spaces away. This is not to mention magic drain not working. (I assume one does not count the number of walls when using cards like reinforcements or magic drain and that it is strictly only units on the field)

Couldn't seem to find an existing forum that had raised all these points. Could only find one that talked about the magic drain issue.

Is there any way to fix this issue? Apologies for the rant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Farmer
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You aren't playing it right. You have to drag the character's picture on the card to use the special ability. You can tell units that have special abilities available because they have a glow around them. You drag from anywhere else on the card to use the regular attack.

Not sure what your issue with Magic Drain is, I've never seen a problem with it. Maybe your opponent didn't have any magic to drain when you used it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Alexander
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first problem about Prince Ellien (and a few other units) is that in order to use their special ability you need to press and hold on the portrait side of their card. On an iPhone this can be very difficult. After a few games you'll get the hang of it, but I always like to press and hold and then read the message on the bottom to confirm I've selected the correct maneuver.

As far as magic drain goes that seems to be working fine. You do not count walls, but you do count your summoner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bally Man
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Gotcha. My fault entirely thank you very much for clarifying that issue over where to touch the Prince Ellien icon.

More importantly thank you so much for reading such a long rant to help with such a small and daft mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Farmer
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem, its easy to miss. One other way to tell (although its hard on the iPhone as Steven mentioned) is that the icon you drag will be an "S" if you are using a Special ability and a number such as "3" in Prince Elien's case if you are making a regular attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Yoder
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Yes, definitely look for the "S" when dragging! There's nothing worse than trying to heal with Sera, only to end up attacking your own unit! (Except maybe buffing up an enemy unit with Abua instead of attacking them.)

Uh... not that I've done either... just heard of others doing it. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Alexander
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uhh.. I've heard of people healing enemy units with a priest before.. no, not me. A friend. Yeah... >.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed a Special not working right just last night. I used Jacob Elwyn's special for the Vanguards. He's supposed to give all enemy units within 2 spaces one damage, but when I used it, I had 3 units within range but it only gave the one to the adjacent unit. And it definitely said Heaven's Rain on the bottom with a single 5 rolled. As it would have killed two of the three, it definitely annoyed me when they didn't take damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Alexander
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're not counting spaces diagonally are you?

I'll try and come up with a diagram for what he'll hit..

Dashes are spaces, J is Jacob, X is where he hits

----XXX-----
---XXJXX----
----XXX-----

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I was counting the "corners" as one space. I had an enemy one space north, one that was one right, one north, and the third was one left, one south. The only one that got hit was the one north.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Alexander
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure then. I've never seen it not work.

Were you against the cave goblins? Did they have the Goblin Invincibility event active?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noble Knave
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
runim wrote:
You're not counting spaces diagonally are you?

I'll try and come up with a diagram for what he'll hit..

Dashes are spaces, J is Jacob, X is where he hits

----XXX-----
---XXJXX----
----XXX-----

Use the [ c ] brackets to preserve spacing.

Jacob's ability works:

-----X------
----XXX-----
---XXJXX----
----XXX-----
-----X------

The radius on the ability is 2 spaces, not 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. I was playing against Phoenix Elves. I was kind of counting on it, and it didn't work, so I was surprised. I then lost the game because I accidentally healed the 1hp champ with Sera instead of attacking it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noble Knave
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen Heaven's Rain work just fine on the app at a distance of two. Can you quote the map I made above and show where the Units were standing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thenobleknave wrote:

Jacob's ability works:

-----X------
----XPP-----
---XXJXX----
----PXX-----
-----X------

I've replaced the X's with P's as to where they were standing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.