Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Peterson
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now my son REALLY likes his Heroica Lego game. I'm assuming this would fit under a "dungeon crawl" type heading (this is a bit outside my wheelhouse when it comes to games I play). Any suggestions that would be age appropriate for him as a next step beyond Heroica?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweetgotham
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I saw pale kings and princes too, Pale warriors, death-pale were they all; They cried—‘La Belle Dame sans Merci Hath thee in thrall!’
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it have to be dungeon crawl? I would say abstract: Hive (bugs!), co-ops: Forbidden Island and Castle Panic (haven't played it myself), dexterity: Sushi Roll!, and worker placement good ol' catan (or maybe one of the jr editions or even Stone Age if he is bit more advanced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Schmitt
United States
South Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely Forbidden Island and (from my second-hand knowledge of it) Castle Panic. He might be ready for Carcassonne, and/or Ticket to Ride.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Kat
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The best would be Heroscape Master Set: Rise of the Valkyrie if you can find it.

But for dungeon crawl, you could look at Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition). I play this with my 6, 8, and 10 year old kids. With the younger kids, when we started out, I played as a good guy with them as well as the bad guy. We did this a few times so that they could get used to the rules. If you're going to do this, then I would suggest playing the game solo for a bit so that you have a really good understanding of the rules. That will make it a lot easier to explain when you play with your son.

You could also research Mice and Mystics. I haven't played it yet, but we're thinking about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Peterson
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sweetgotham wrote:
Does it have to be dungeon crawl?

We have a variety of games (including both Castle Panic - that he likes, and Forbidden Island - he's lukewarm on that one). Since he liked the Heroica game, I was trying to find something similar that he would like (and that's a type of game I really don't have yet)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Peterson
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bigkat wrote:
You could also research Mice and Mystics. I haven't played it yet, but we're thinking about it.

Thanks. That's one I was wondering about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.