Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Menezes
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The one thing this game really needs is a scorekeeper app. Kind of like a general points calculator/magic the gathering life app but where you can just plus or minus how many of each building you have with a liquidation total at the bottom and tabs for each market on the side. Or maybe just house rules for a set number of turns? Constant calculating just gets super annoying or doesn't get done and leaves the game running too long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your buildings aren't your score; your money is your score.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Davis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Your buildings aren't your score; your money is your score.
Is this your typical MO David...to swing in on a fanboy rope and dis any new ideas somebody might have for the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure what you're talking about but my reply was to point out he seems to be misunderstanding a rule of the game. Your score is the money in hand, you don't need to track it, it's right there. Adding up the value of your buildings isn't necessary or relevant to your score.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Menezes
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can sell your buildings for cash to reach the end goal. Showing new players they already thought it was a long game, if playing without including buildings as part of your total value I would imagine the game would take 2-3 times as long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can sell buildings to reach the total to trigger the end of the game, but you can't just immediately sell all of your buildings and be done. You can only sell buildings that are hit by the die rolls, and if you start selling off buildings to try to reach a total to trigger the game end, then this reduces your income. So there's a complex strategy of trying to decide when to start selling buildings and how much that is going to reduce your income and how long it will take you to reach a sufficient total to trigger the end of the game and how much more than you the other players are gaining in the meantime. You could add up the total value of your buildings along with your cash, and it might be well over the total needed to win, but that doesn't mean you are going to win by selling buildings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Menezes
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to look at the rules again, I don't recall anything about only being able to sell buildings which have been rolled, if that were the case you wouldn't be able to sell when news events put you into the negatives. As for drawbacks of being first to liquidate and sell, you're only missing one activation from each of your neighbors as you would do it when you know you meet end game requirements, which you could more easily calculate with a handy scorekeeper app. And your own triggering of end game can be delayed strategically to be done in a high value market right before a downward market shift so opponents get less value on their sales, or delayed until you calculate your total cash + sales would outmatch there's, once again made easier with an app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gleipnir wrote:
I have to look at the rules again

Apparently so. This important rule is concealed in a box labeled IMPORTANT, on page 13 of the Stronghold Games rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.