Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Ball
United Kingdom
Nr Grantham
Lincs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you are doing damage to the villian and his minions is it simultaneous or do you chose the order?
I was using RA's card that caused damage equal to the number of enviromental cards in play against non-hero cards. The villain was the Chairman on his vulnerable side, I had two bent cops in play so lowering damage to the villian by two, but RA's damage could eliminate these. We played it that the Hero doing the damage can chose the order of damage so I destroyed the two cops then attacked the villian.
Similar question from the same game 3 hero's had been knocked out but RA took the villian down but he had to take damage to do this and KO RA, so his damage simultaneous and do we win if so? or do I KO the villian and then damage myself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SnipedintheHead
United States
Burlington
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
I went to BGG and I all got was this Overtext
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no such thing as simultaneous damage in SotM. If something is supposed to be "simultaneous" such as a card that deals 2 damage to all non-hero targets, then the heroes get to choose the order. In your first example you played it correctly.

In your second example Ra would win and stay alive as he would kill the villain before any damage could be dealt back to him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Wasson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
DAD JOKES
badge
Never trot when you can prance.
mbmbmbmbmb
For your first question, you choose the order. Taking out the Bent Cops first is totally legit there.

I've always played that if there's a double KO, the heroes win. Thematically, the heroes are fighting to save the world so they've accomplished their goal if they stop the villain, regardless of how beatup/dead they might be. AFAIK there's no official ruling but I suppose technically it would be decided based on what order this happens in. No damage is truly simultaneous so you should be able to pick the villain first in most cases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ball
United Kingdom
Nr Grantham
Lincs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you both for that this was the way we were thinking and playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.