Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Dorsey
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are my questions.

(1) Read the rules twice, I can find anywhere where it says how many cards each players receives at the start of the game - please help.

(2) Wounds, Scratches, ETC.

Ok - I understand there are 3 things here, Scratches, Wounds and Double Wound. 3 Scratches seem to = 1 Wounds. It says when you get a Scratch take a small wound token. However, in the rules this the small tokens are refered to a scratches. Is this the case.

I guess I am looking for a general help file on wounds - please post

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's in there. Two of each suit maybe? No, there's a bit of randomness to it. Can't recall.

You have it right. Three scratches = 1 wound. The double wound counter has two "stars" on it, showing it's a double. There should be a difference between the Scratch tokens and the Wound tokes. Look for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dorsey
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok found the setup cards (which is not easy but here it is).

Give each player a Beowulf card, a fighting card with 2 Symbols ane 5 more random cards.

Wounds still seems unclear.

On page 2 they list this 3 tokens Scratch, Wound and Double Wound. Understand. Now flip to page 6 under Icons.

"If a player receives a scratch, he pick up a small wound tile and places it in front of him". Ok I believe they mean if you receive a scracth take a scratch (smallest tile of the "wounds" tiles) and place in front of you.

IMHO the sentence should have read "If a player receives a scratch, he picks up a scratch tile (smallest of the red) and places it in front of him". That would have made it clearer.

Last question: Under Clockwise lay it states that all players must play at least 1 card when it comes to their turn. However, in the following example the imaginary player Peter does not play any cards. How come?
Please explain

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can choose to drop out of the auction, taking the highest numbered available marker token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Klenko
United States
Ridgeway
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it should have been worded that "if you wish to remain in the auction, you must play at least one card". You always have the option to drop out and not play a card.

So, if player A plays 2 matching symbols, and then players B and C both equal him at 2 matching symbols, when it's A's turn again, if he wants to stay in the auction he would need to play a card even though he already matches the highest bid on the table. I think that's what they were getting at with that sentence, but it was poorly worded.

Yes, a "small wound tile" is just a scratch...again, poorly worded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dorsey
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for you help fellow gamers. I think that I understand wounds now.

The auction wording is going to be a bit of a problem with my group but I will deal with it.

Merci Beaucoup!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denise Lavely
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Double Wound is only used for one particular auction, it's shown on the board by having two 'stars' or whatever those are on the auction space. I think that the rest of your wound/scratch questions have already been answered?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P.L.A.
Spain
LA BAÑEZA
(LÉON)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a player receives the double wound with two wounds in the Dragon Battle he has to draw two or four cards (or zero)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier REIX
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
D0NK1J0T3 wrote:
If a player receives the double wound with two wounds in the Dragon Battle he has to draw two or four cards (or zero)?
s

I think there are 2 cards pictured on the board, no ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Favre4MVP wrote:
Yes, it should have been worded that "if you wish to remain in the auction, you must play at least one card".

Page 5, first column, in bold, the three rules for staying in an auction. And what's first:

All players must play at least 1 card when it comes to their turn.

Pretty clear, really.

For those who want the other two rules:

The current player must at least equal the highest number of symbols displayed by any one player.

As soon as the required number of symbols is equalled or exceeded, no more cards may be played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P.L.A.
Spain
LA BAÑEZA
(LÉON)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ReiXou wrote:
D0NK1J0T3 wrote:
s

I think there are 2 cards pictured on the board, no ?

Sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kerr
United States
arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Quote:
Page 5, first column, in bold, the three rules for staying in an auction. And what's first:

All players must play at least 1 card when it comes to their turn.

Pretty clear, really.

For those who want the other two rules:

The current player must at least equal the highest number of symbols displayed by any one player.

As soon as the required number of symbols is equalled or exceeded, no more cards may be played.

I'm not sure if I'm contradicting you or not, but just to be clear: The three rules only apply if you are staying in the auction. If you choose to drop out of the auction, you do not need to play a card.

The 'always must play a card' rule is to cover the case when the auction comes to you and you already have enough symbols down to match the highest amount. You still need to play a card in this case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.