Runebound (First Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Activate Items...then a get attacked..can you refresh items? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Woody LaBar
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
If I activate armor or an activate item on my turn, then I get attacked by another hero...can I use (activate) the items during the new battle? I know that the refresh step is the first step in my next turn, is this considered a next turn? Or is it considered my turn when I get through the attackers round and start the 2nd round of hero vs. hero as the attacker?

I feel you are really left unprotected if you are not allowed to refresh and use them in a hero vs. hero attack. It would seem to be an easy way to take out heroes considering they are probably wounded if they have just finished a battle and activated items.

Appreciate any input you can give.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Engström
Sweden
Umeå
N/A
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Activate Items...then a get attacked..can you refresh it
Well unless all players refresh their items during Step 1: Refresh, then I would say no - that poor hero will just have to try and make it through combat with another hero without using his already activated items.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sturv Tafvherd
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Activate Items...then a get attacked..can you refresh it
This is actually the primary technique in properly ganking ... I mean, PvP attacks. You wait until your victim ... I mean, target player has just finished a turn where they've activated a lot of their key combat cards... then you swoop in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.