5 Posts

Pixel Tactics» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Extremely Effective Combos rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D. N.
New Zealand
flag msg tools
I pulled off an extremely painful attack last night using these two cards. In the first round (as second player) I play the Assassin into the vanguard (3/1) with double attack strength against leaders. In the second round, I play the Dragon Mage's order ability (+5 attack strength until the end of this wave) on the Assassin. I proceed to attack his open Leader for 16 damage.

Three leaders have less than or equal to 16 life. If my leader was Hikaru Sorayama, or Magdelina Larington, the Assassin would do 20 damage (which would kill every leader but four. And to get really nasty, just place the Mystic behind the Assassin, to give a total of 24 damage, which would defeat every leader but one.

In my battle, my leader was Zaamassal Kett, who gives all of my heroes a ranged attack. My opponent could only put off the inevitable, which ended with my Fighter in the rear wave shooting his leader for 13 damage (using Dragon Mage's order ability again, thanks to Doppelganger the first time).

Who else has pulled off a sweet combo? Theoretical combos welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
s B
Germany
Nienburg
flag msg tools
mb
Until now my most powerful combo has been with the leader, who gives free orders.

Orders: Use Doppelgänger's order -> Dragon Mage's Order -> +5 Attack to Trapper's 4 Attack in the vanguard; Dragon Mage's Order -> +5 Attack to the Gunner's 5 Attack in the rear; i didn't give one +10 Attack, because it was more surprising for the opponent this way...
finally: Assassin's Order to clear the opposing leader's intercepting forerunner

Attacks: 1) Gunner (rear) shoots for 10 attack strength
2) Overlord (rear) orders Trapper (vanguard) to attack for 9

My only attack against the leader,
my buddy was quite surprised
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Kester
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's one my friend used against me today that was really nice:

Planestalker in the flank (giving his forerunner and supporter range attack)

Fighter in the rear behind Planestalker (being in the rear makes him have 8 strength)

Mascot in the rear (lets another Rear hero make a ranged attack).

That way you can have one 8 damage range attack in one rear phase when Fighter attacks (using Planestalker's passive to get a ranged attack) and another when Mascot uses his attack Power to make a ranged attack with Fighter. (For 16 total damage, which is enough to kill a few of the weaker leaders in one wave!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had this done to me.

Rear - Priestess, Homonculus, Doppelganger

Priestess can revive characters by taking damage equal to their defense.

Homonculus lets you shift damage onto it, in part or full, whenever desired

So... someone dies. Revive them with Priestess. If it would kill her, partially shift damage to homonculus. Do it again, shift ALL damage to homonculus (she can pull on more damage than she can suffer)

Revive Homonculus... shifting partial damage onto homonculus.

The doppel is just in case the priestess dies.

Literally infinite resurrections.

To top it off, he had a Knight in front, a Berserker on Flank (both have counterattack 2 damage against melee attackers)

And his leader was Arec Russel Zane... who let him choose melee targets. So he would spread them out between berserker and knight, I'm taking damage the whole time, and then just rez them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Knight
United States
Deltona
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Spy (Flank) + Assistant (Rear) or Lackey (Vanguard): Your entire unit is immune to defeat effects.

2) Assistant (Rear) + Lackey (Vanguard) play butler as order: your opponent defeats all of his heroes, none of yours die.

3) Priestess + Homunculus + Crusader (all rear): each rear wave revive 1 hero

4) Brawler + Drone + Chancellor (all as orders): Time this out right and your opponents unit has no powers for 6 rounds

5)Scientist (Vanguard) + Technologist (Order): Your opponent gets no actions this wave

6)Alchemist + Immortal (both flank): your hero can't be hurt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.