Subject: UK Cases - where to find more? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Little Skink
United Kingdom
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The UK board/cases are not compatible with US so I am wondering where I can track some more cases down from?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Rettore
Italy
Riese Pio X (Treviso)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe you're talking about another version of the game. The two versions are compatible, I have USA add-ons and UK main game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Little Skink
United Kingdom
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Antonio - you are right (I just hadn't realised)

The Boards use different names for some places but things are usable as the names are easily concerned

Failing to find some new cases (even fan made ones) I have started writing my own

My first one only took an hour and proved moderately successful, but mostly people felt it was a bit hard (wimps!). Second and Third are still in progress but evolving nicely

The great thing about making your own is you can make them much richer, I can see this easily being as much fun as playing the game . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Rettore
Italy
Riese Pio X (Treviso)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Writing your own cases is a fun idea. The only problem is that you can't have fun playing 'em....

It's years that I planned to do it with my daughters, adapting the story to their taste and age.

I will do it in the future....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Little Skink
United Kingdom
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
well you cant have fun playing your own, but it is lots of fun watching others play something you designed - and if others do make new cases too then you can trade

I put my new case up on the 221b Yahoo Group (linked from the 221b BGG page somewhere) - would really welcome some more feedback to improve future ones. Some players reckoned it was a bit too hard for them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wigton
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have designed one myself too. The process was great fun, as was watching others solve it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wigton
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too would like UK cases 41-80. Anybody got a copy for sale or trade?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon W
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I managed to find add on packs on Ebay. Just make sure they are cases 41 plus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Vander Veen
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you can use the Hanson cases, I'm hoping you saw suggestions for where to find them on this forum: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/869663/best-way-to-get-other...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ana Fontanelli
Brazil
flag msg tools
I know it's been over 4 years now, but I managed to pay someone who was selling the game to scan them cases from UK Gibsons Original Ed, I'm missing the clue book though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.