Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Frank
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When the boss comes out it says you get extra activation per each used spawning point. However, when the boss comes out you don't spawn monsters any more. So does this mean you get (assuming you normally get 4 spawn points due to mode) 4 spawn points per a round per spawn point still active or is it based on how many active spawn points you have?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Wente
United States
Granite City
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll go grab the rulebook to quote it, but the short of it is:
Once the boss comes out, The Consul player may no longer spawn monsters from spawn points.
Instead, for each spawn point remaining, the boss (ie, Starfire in the base game) may be activated that many times.
Let's say you have 4 spawn points when the boss comes out. The boss gets activated 4 times before the next round starts.

Edited to not mislead anyone.
The correct ruling as stated after me is "The dungeon boss may be activated one additional time per round as long as there is a spawning point in play."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Alexander
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe there was a clarification / rules update that came down that stated as long as you have 1 or more spawn points active you only get 1 more activation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dWente wrote:
I'll go grab the rulebook to quote it, but the short of it is:
Once the boss comes out, The Consul player may no longer spawn monsters from spawn points.
Instead, for each spawn point remaining, the boss (ie, Starfire in the base game) may be activated that many times.
Let's say you have 4 spawn points when the boss comes out. The boss gets activated 4 times before the next round starts.

No, it's only 1 extra activation...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
freddieyu wrote:
No, it's only 1 extra activation...

Correct.

And it's not based on a clarification or errata - it should be right on page 28 of your rulebook. "The dungeon boss may be activated one additional time per round as long as there is a spawning point in play." There's even a helpful example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Frank
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks all, I think I miss read the rule as for each spawning point, not sure why lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gf_ripper wrote:
thanks all, I think I miss read the rule as for each spawning point, not sure why lol.

Probably because the rulebook is so poorly written! I love this game but the rulebook is an absolute mess! The new FAQ clarifies a lot but I'm looking forward to them releasing a new updated rulebook!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.