David Gardner
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When, in this scheme, a Twist occurs the text says:

"The highest-cost Hero from the HQ moves into the Sewers as a Skrull Villain, as above."

In my game, the card that came out High Stakes Jackpot. Its cost is 7, and it therefore acts as a Fight 9, per the scheme's special rules.

But the card also has its own special rule: "Reveal the top card of your deck. You get +[fight] equal to that card's cost.

I'm assuming I ignore that effect.

--David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it just doesn't have a Fight effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrod Babel
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
only cards with the word 'fight:' have a fight effect (so villains/henchmen and masterminds). I dont think there are any cards that add a fight effect but i wouldnt be surprised if something comes in an xpac.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Low
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi David,

You, Benjamin and Jarrod are all correct: When Hero cards become Villains during the Secret Invasion of the Skrull Shapeshifters, the Heroes' special abilities don't increase their power as Skrull Villains - you just base it off of the printed power.

Yours,

Devin Low meeple
Designer, Legendary
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I have a feeling this is covered in the rulebook (which I don't have handy), but what happens if two heroes in the HQ share the highest cost? Which one gets impersonated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gardner
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure the player himself gets to decide, but admittedly don't have rules reference at hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Low
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Diggety,

David is correct. As page 16 notes under "Special Abilities on Cards":

Quote:
If a special ability calls for a choice, and it's not obvious who should make that choice, then the player whose turn it is makes the choice.

So the player whose turn it is would choose which of the Heroes tied for highest-cost in the HQ is revealed to be a hideous Skrull.

A hideous Skrull, zombie

Devin Low meeple
Designer, Legendary

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Henry
msg tools
So just to be clear, Heroes drawn from the Villain deck are Skrulls with the cards cost becoming its attack +2...
When scheme twist is activated, highest cost Hero in HQ enters the city as a Skrull with the cards cost becomes its attack. Does it also get +2 attack?

Everyone at the table decided to play that it doesn't because the highest cost hero is always targeted and most times it was hard to take out. Plus you have a couple of Skrull Villains who's ambush effect would take a hero from HQ but not get +2 attack, so i figured HQ Hero Skrulls and Villain deck Hero Skrulls were different.

If I'm playing this wrong, please let me know. It did suck having to remember which Hero Skrulls cam e from HQ and villain deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KuRSe27 wrote:
If I'm playing this wrong, please let me know. It did suck having to remember which Hero Skrulls cam e from HQ and villain deck.

That's because you don't have to remember, HQ or Villain deck, it always gets the +2, only those captured by actual Skrull Villains don't get +2 since that isn't mentioned on the card. On the Scheme, Special Rules mention the +2, while under Twist it says: "The highest-cost Hero from the HQ moves into the Sewers as a Skrull Villain, as above." (emphasis mine) Underlined bit referring to the special rules for heroes being Skrull Villains at +2 and gaining them if you defeat them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Low
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Richard,

Rauli is correct. For the Secret Invasion of the Skrull Shapeshifters scheme, when Scheme Twists cause Heroes to enter the city as Skrull Villains, those Skrull Villains indeed have Power equal to their cost+2. (Actual Villain cards like Skrull Shapeshifters and Skrull Queen Veranke won't get +2.)

Cheers,

Devin Low meeple
Designer, Legendary
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis McCown
msg tools
What happens if you pull a scheme card as the next villain card when one hero is already stacked with a villain? Do they stick?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Berney P.
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another Hero from the HQ will become a Skrull Villain -- its own Villain, not stacked with an existing Villain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.