Subject: Trading with Illyria and Thrace rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
"To be honorable and just is our only defense against men without honor or justice." -Diogenes of Sinope
badge
"No one ever influenced Tolkien - you might as well try to influence a bandersnatch." -C.S. Lewis
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have to control Epidamnos to trade with Illyria? Likewise, do you have to control Abdera to trade with Thrace?

Or do they just make it so you can trade regardless of sea route access? If this answer is Yes, does owning one of those two Poleis block your opponent?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Freeman
Canada
Vancouver
B.C
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I understand, controlling them allows you to trade with those markets even if you can't gain sea access. There is no blocking, if the other player has sea access they can still trade there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct!

You neither need control of the cities to trade, nor allows you the control over the city to block trades via the sea. Trade routes can only be blocked by controlling sea regions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
As a small addition:
You still need a Trade Port (which is only important for Sparta). So if Sparta loses both Pylos and Gytheion, even with the control of Epidamnos or Abdera he will not be able to trade!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Muñoz
Spain
flag msg tools
Well, it's a little profit maybe... More important than this, I think, your rival can't send his hoplits. Add population and he will need an important amount of silver to take the city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.