Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools

Quite a neat race game as far as the mechanism goes. You can play wind tiles, and have to move from one to another. On the one hand you want to move ahead, visiting certain squares on your way to victory - but on the other hand you want to slow down your opponents. And they may be going for the same squares...

I like it, but I wonder about the endgame. The ability to “override” the wind tile at the cost of 3 movement points has in every game been the key to victory - while it’s quite easy to stop a player from landing ON their “winning” square by playing wind tiles, it’s VERY difficult to stop someone getting to within a space or two. For this reason I would be tempted to change the rules, so that the ability to override the wind tile can NOT be used to land on a marker square (or cross the finish line). I think this may give people who’ve fallen behind early a chance to catch up.

Of course, I’m just saying that because I was one of the ones who’d fallen behind! I decided to try and stack up as many sailing points and a big hand of wind tiles right from the start, so I didn’t join the other three in rushing to the first green station and getting in each other’s way, but waited and then made a quick hop to the red station. However I got a bit stuck then, with a hand full of backwards tiles (which foolishly I didn’t just scatter in the way of the rest, because I thought I needed to get to the same station as Simon). This proved to be a big mistake, as Simon placed a tile on the second station that would let him get to one space from his third. Nothing anyone could do to stop him at this point.

Simon won. So Simon won (or shared the win) in every game on the day.

I don’t know why we invite him round…

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.