Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
35 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Commands & Colors: Napoleonics Expansion #2 – The Russian Army» Forums » General

Subject: Any Shipping News? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ray Brown
United States
Palm Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was charged on Tuesday and wondered if anyone knew when GMT shipped.Any News?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
raenman wrote:

Tried to go to the GMT website but it has been down all evening. Anyone know what is happening?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett Hammacher
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still down this P.M.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everett wrote:
Still down this P.M.

Still no website access as of 1330HRS on 10 FEB.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"And like that "poof" ... He's gone!" (The usual suspects)

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last word I read was they were supposed to start shipping Friday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
midnitecop wrote:
Everett wrote:
Still down this P.M.

Still no website access as of 1330HRS on 10 FEB.

From their Facebook page this morning:

We received some stunning news this morning when we finally heard from our ISP, and they made it clear to us that WE were the lone target of a massive DOS attack, large enough to bring all their servers down. The good news is that it was only a DOS, not something where they got into customer data. So thankfully we have no worries about the security of your data.

The bad news is that we have to ...find a new ISP and that the GMT site is going to be down for awhile. I spent part of my morning talking with the FBI, so please understand that we can't talk in detail about every aspect that we know while there is an ongoing investigation. The only really important news here is a) your data is fine, and b) the GMT website and e-mail servers are down for the near future.

Some details for you customers:

Contacts and E-Mail. First off, the online chat from the website is down until we have the site up again.

Lost e-mail: If you sent us e-mail since about 3 PM Friday afternoon, it is lost, probably forever. So please resend or call the office ladies.

We have set up a temporary e-mail address for the office ladies that you guys can use to contact them while our gmt mailserver is down. That address is gmtoffice5@yahoo.com. Please use this address for contacts with them until further notice. Thanks!

Orders. Obviously, web-ordering is down until the site is back up. Our office ladies are still ready to take your orders, though, as always! Just call 800-523-6111 or e-mail to gmtoffice5@yahoo.com and they'll fix you up.

E-Mail Updates: I use an off-site service for the mass customer e-mail updates, so I'll use that venue as well as CSW and Facebook to give you guys detailed updates as we move forward. Hopefully, we can get this fixed before too long.

Thanks for your patience with us as we work to get everything back up and functioning normally. If you have any suggestions - especially you guys who work in the realm of internet security, feel free to drop me a line at gmtgames@aol.com.

Enjoy the games!

Gene

The question was asked if this will delay shipping of any orders but an answer was not yet provided.

UPDATE: Gene posted on Consimworld that all shipping should be complete by Thurs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
And more on shipping today:

Quote:

P500 Orders of C&C Napoleonics: The Russian Army: As most of you know, we were in the process of shipping our newest game when the outage hit. Fortunately, we had printed all the box labels and ship lists before the site went down, so the shipping process is continuing, albeit just a tad less efficiently than before. We estimate we should finish shipping all of the P500 orders by late this week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Brown
United States
Palm Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recieved that email as well. Hopefully it arrives by saturday so I can play Sunday. Fingers crossed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATE: Gene posted on Consimworld that all shipping should be complete by Thurs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Marshall
United States
Thousand Oaks
California
flag msg tools
We Are DEVO!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Smith
United States
Capitola
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy arrived. Looks great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John R
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reminder that if you picked USPS shipping, your copy may be delayed due to Presidents' Day on Monday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Bob
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr Mage wrote:
I have mine.

On the GMT website, does your account state that the game was shipped to you? My account says that it hasn't shipped yet.
I'm hoping that they just didn't update my account info yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Brown
United States
Palm Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine didn't come today, but I'm keeping fingers crossed for tomorrow.I can't remember if what metheod I chose.What were the shipping options again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
raenman wrote:
Mine didn't come today, but I'm keeping fingers crossed for tomorrow.I can't remember if what metheod I chose.What were the shipping options again?

If you chose UPS you can take your order# from GMT and track your package by that method by going to the UPS website. All you need is your order number and your zipcode. My game is scheduled to arrive on Friday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sterling
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bbhalla wrote:
Dr Mage wrote:
I have mine.

On the GMT website, does your account state that the game was shipped to you? My account says that it hasn't shipped yet.

I think their systems were pretty down so I wouldn't be surprised if information is incorrect on the site regarding shipping.
I'd like to be happily wrong here though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hectarion wrote:
bbhalla wrote:
Dr Mage wrote:
I have mine.

I think their systems were pretty down so I wouldn't be surprised if information is incorrect on the site regarding shipping.
I'd like to be happily wrong here though

If it's going UPS, check the UPS site with your GMT order number and it will show you if it's been shipped. GMT doesn't update their site if it's been shipped or not. But UPS does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mine today in Central Texas, USPS.

Here is a quick 'in the box' look.

Ok, so the blocks are green for the Russians, which we knew. I was curious if they were going to be the dark green type as I've read the actual Russian uniforms were so dark green they were often thought to be black.

What we have here is a slightly darker shade of green than the CCA barbarian green, although they are also flatter in their luster. For those that dont have the CCA green blocks, it is a lighter green but not a very bright color light green.

The terrain tiles look like a return to the base game's thickness. Only new terrain I recognize is woods with a fence on one side, and a couple of hexes that are full water hexes like ponds and a marsh looking thing. Oh, some villages with fences on them too.

In addition to 9 banner and 4 square counters, there are 6 "paper strength' tokens. Of course the square player aid card.

Two quick reference cards like in the Spanish edition, with all of each nationality filling a side.

The other player aid cards seem more user friendly, looking like they took a bit of my advice from the sheets I had made last year. You still dont have all of the nationality info you need on one front and back, but you do have everything you need on the two fold player aid card. It has both French and Russian info and the terrain effects chart all as one piece, so there is no longer that 'other' card that seemed to be always the one I was looking for.

My out of the box impression is 'great!'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Brown
United States
Palm Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just checked my account/order.It appears I chose USPS Ground

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
raenman wrote:

My copy arrived yesterday (Tues. 12th) night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Smith
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys are getting my hopes up that I'll have something to put stickers on this weekend! Here is hoping they didn't accidentally ship it to that other Kyle Smith again. I emailed them to see if they got the address straight this time, sort of a preemptive attempt to correct them. But I never heard back, likely on account of their systems being horribly down. Although I did send that email to their temp account.

Point being, fingers crossed! I want my Russians!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kentreuber wrote:
raenman wrote:

My copy arrived yesterday (Tues. 12th) night.

So much for my theory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DAVID CLAPPER
United States
colorado springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
i got mine today. this is a typically great gmt game.fast service! i hope they get their new website up soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The GMT web site came back up this morning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.