Subject: Fun game, few questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean L
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1) just to make sure, you only resolve a terror effect if you fail the task AND roll terror, correct?

2) effects on adventure cards that aren't Terror:, but instead say "when clock strikes midnight", those are persistent effects correct?

3) anything you do at the entrance counts as your turn, correct? Like I can't buy an item then go exploring.

4) also when I add a red or yellow die to the dice pool, is it there for my entire turn or just that first roll?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes
2) Yes, they are resolved, in order of your choice, at midnight
3) Yes, move the clock, after using the entrance
4) Yes, they stay in your pool until the end of the turn, pr used to complete a task

hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint DeSena
United States
Plainville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes.

2. I believe so, until you complete all the tasks and replace the card. The "strikes midnight" effects on the small mythos clock cards get replaced with a new card everytime the clock strikes midnight, but I'm pretty sure the Adventure cards are persistent.

3. Yes.

4. For your entire turn. It is treated as another die in your dice poll to complete tasks, save with a spell, or discard if you fail to complete a task.

Hope that helps. I just played my second game tonight. We revealed 3 mythos cards whenever the clock struck midnight to increase the difficulty (but still won).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Little
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Most of your questions are answered, but just so we're clear...

1) Each row on an adventure card is considered a task, so failing a roll AND rolling terror would result in you having to resolve terror effect(s). Meaning this could happen more than once on an adventure card.

Am I wrong or have I been playing this wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean L
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
voidfox wrote:
Most of your questions are answered, but just so we're clear...

1) Each row on an adventure card is considered a task, so failing a roll AND rolling terror would result in you having to resolve terror effect(s). Meaning this could happen more than once on an adventure card.

Am I wrong or have I been playing this wrong?

Yeah that's where we got confused on our first play through so we house ruled that any terror die rolled you had to resolve the effect. When I went back and read them in detail I saw that you had to fail the task as well, which is why I asked. Played it that way last night and it was much "easier".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Little
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
This is what I go by:

Quote:
Failing Tasks - A dice throw is considered a Failed Task if there are not enough matching results to solve any of the listed Tasks.
The Player must discard any one of the remaining dice before re-rolling the dice in another attempt to solve a Task. Discarded dice
are no longer available for the rest of the Investigation Phase. If a Failed Task means the Player must discard their last die without
completing the last Task, then the Player has failed the Card and must suffer its Penalties.

Terror Effects - If the Player failed a Task, and at least one of the dice showed a Terror result, then any Terror Effect listed on the
Adventure/Other World Card and the current Mythos Card takes effect. Terror Effects take place before discarding a die or
suffering Penalties, due to failing the Task.

So you could potentially fail every roll and have a terror show and suffer terror effects each time, until you can not roll any more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.