Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of Tammany Hall showed up today. I have to say that while the continued shipping delays were annoying the final product was worth the wait component wise. Everything really seems top notch with very thick box and board, nice meeples and I like the embroidered bag. I've very very pleased with the final product and think that if they keep up this component quality and learn from the communication issues to improve their future kickstarters then they might have a great future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kazimierczak
United States
Falmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have my copy and I agree-- high quality components on par with the big publishers. One negligible typo in the rules (omission of the word "Irish" for the green cubes, but otherwise the rulebook is good too. (And short! Only 6 pages.)

I found the supposed communication issue to be a big nothing as I have lived through longer delays with preorders from GMT and FFG with absolutely no communication.

Now to put on those stickers...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Altoona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Certainly top-notch!

That said, I have only played the game once so I have a few questions:

1) Why do some meeples have a bowler hat and two others have a top hat (answer)

2) The rules seem to indicate that one of the player colors is brown, but I seem to have "nude" pieces instead. Is this a change from the original?

3) I am having a difficult time telling the yellow and nude pieces apart. Do I just have bad (too yellow) lighting?

4) I am missing a green disc. Does anyone know who I contact about this? (website, kickstarter site, someone on BGG, other?)

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiamat
United States
Plymouth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Nude ward bosses sell more games.

I thought the colors were going to include purple/orange/brown/yellow due to this pic:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sinclair
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree looks great. My only issue is that the "white" British pieces are a light green (mint green). Does anyone else have this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you folks receive any advance notice of shipping?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keegan Fink
United States
Havertown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kaziam wrote:
Now to put on those stickers...

Use tweezers to lay down each sticker - they go a long way towards helping with center alignment. I did this with all my EuroFront II/EastFront II/WestFront II blocks, and I was able to place every sticker dead center. Once you get the rhythm down, it's just as fast as placing them by fingers alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Schensted
United States
Lakefield
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian Sinclair wrote:
I agree looks great. My only issue is that the "white" British pieces are a light green (mint green). Does anyone else have this?

I really thought is was the lighting in my living room but I have the same color perception on that.

Orangemoose wrote:
Did you folks receive any advance notice of shipping?

I only got a notice from the MyUPS that I signed up for back in the day, nothing from the distribution people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
amschensted wrote:
I only got a notice from the MyUPS that I signed up for back in the day, nothing from the distribution people.

How do I sign up for notifications? I registered for MyUPS, but don't see a place to tell it to notify me if anything is shipped to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HuginnGreiling wrote:
amschensted wrote:

How do I sign up for notifications? I registered for MyUPS, but don't see a place to tell it to notify me if anything is shipped to me.

I think this is it.

https://wwwapps.ups.com/mcdp?loc=en_US
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Schensted
United States
Lakefield
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HuginnGreiling wrote:
amschensted wrote:

To be honest i'm not sure. I signed up a while ago and now whenever something is shipped to my home via the address I signed up with I get an email with tracking info. So I didn't do anything special, but perhaps there is a notification setting somewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
mb
HuginnGreiling wrote:
amschensted wrote:

Nevermind, it's called UPS My Choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
mb
Orangemoose wrote:
HuginnGreiling wrote:
amschensted wrote:

I think this is it.

https://wwwapps.ups.com/mcdp?loc=en_US

Whoops, ninja'd—thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HuginnGreiling wrote:
HuginnGreiling wrote:
amschensted wrote:

Yes UPS My Choice is how I found out. I get a notice one day before something arrives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Schensted
United States
Lakefield
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HuginnGreiling wrote:
HuginnGreiling wrote:
amschensted wrote:

Vocab Fail! i'm glad you figured it out and i hope it works for you in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Altoona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LetsGetTrivial wrote:
1) Why do some meeples have a bowler hat and two others have a top hat?

I guess I should read more carefully. The "top hat" meeples are for scoring and elected officials. The "bowler hat" meeples are for ward bosses. Of course, these just look like suggestions as it doesn't really matter.

Source: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/872179144/tammany-hall?r...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bil McGee
msg tools
mb
Brian Sinclair wrote:

Yes, it looks like everyone has the lime green tinted British pieces. I think it adds to the theme what with them being limeys and all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd just like to be able to see them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
I'd just like to be able to see them.

Tomorrow!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, the game's new components are fantastic. The box is very thick and the board is incredible. One of my favorite boards in my collection. It's just fantastic in every way possible.

My one beef is the rulebook...there are still typos (left over from the first edition?). That one is kind of strange, since they obviously added in Bryan Fischer's design credit at the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woke up this morning with a notice from UPS My Choice!!!!!!!

Looking a bit deeper, it's for a water filter for the fridge. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Wiersema
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
I agree that the components are great, but I was bummed when I found that my copy is missing the Italian immigrant cubes! I don't have another game with the same size blue cubes so I am going to use all the cubes from Lords of Waterdeep instead of the included immigrant cubes. So now perhaps I am going to have Irish rogues, English wizards, German warriors and Italian clerics instead of plain old immigrants shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiamat
United States
Plymouth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Ouch...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Wiersema
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
maudisalive wrote:
I agree that the components are great, but I was bummed when I found that my copy is missing the Italian immigrant cubes! I don't have another game with the same size blue cubes so I am going to use all the cubes from Lords of Waterdeep instead of the included immigrant cubes. So now perhaps I am going to have Irish rogues, English wizards, German warriors and Italian clerics instead of plain old immigrants shake

I played one game like this and it not ideal. I hope Pandasaurus will be able to promptly send me replacement pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Zinnboni
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mb
Reporting in from NH. Got my copy today. Component counts all checked out. Very happy with the overall quality of the game, super nice. The reported 'mint green' tint to the British cubes & chips is a complete non-issue for me, that's my take though. After applying the flag stickers I barely notice. To me it's more of a white wash color. Looking forward to getting it to the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.