Subject: Can I trash hardware hosted on Personal Workshop? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
R N
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Cards hosted on Personal Workshop are not installed, apparently are not part of the runner's rig, and are certainly not active. In these respects the hosted cards are exactly the same as cards in the stack.

However cards hosted on Personal Workshop are face up and on the table. Normal people would probably consider these cards to be in play, but "in play" does not appear to be a rules concept in Netrunner.

Given all that, can I trash a piece of hardware hosted on Personal Workshop using Power Grid Overload?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Charles
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Hosted Card, trash the resource (Personal Workshop) say goodbye to anything on it. However I'd lean towards not installed so you can't trash it as hardware.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micheal Keane
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Pictured: Rags Raggerson, successful businesscat
mb
Probably not... though Power Grid Overload doesn't have the caveat of "installed" that would make it explicitly clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Duarte
Portugal
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you can. Power grid overloard only says you "can trash a piece of hardware" It doesn't says "an installed hardware". If the card is an hardware you can trash it.
But I hope they do an official clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shadow Sword
msg tools
The discussion currently going about Personal Workshop (PW) suggest that the hosted cards meant to be inactive (and not installed). Even if that is how they should work, the card type (hardware, program, resource, event) is still present on inactive runner cards (probably also the MU cost, when I look at the text of ZU.13 Key Master). So even trash a program effects might be possibly working on these card. We will need an FAQ or an Errata entry for PW (hopefully also removing the use of Stimhack and Bad Publicity credits for the paid ability of PW, since these are not real credits merely drugs or sympathizers helping you).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Lupo
Italy
Lecce
Puglia
flag msg tools
mb
Well if we are talking about theme I can certainly see how completing a project on my personal workshop while on a stimhack drug would be faster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.