Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Gingold
United States
Goodyear
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I forgot one question in my last thread.

On page 18, pinning says that "all stats are halved rounded down." Are the shooting ranges of a soldier's model considered stats?

Thanks for help with all my posts lately. I think I have most of the answers I need now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, everything in the Look, Hide, Shoot and Move boxes on the soldier's card is halved and rounded down. So 3's become 1, 1's become 0 etc. If you have a soldier that starts out with a negative cover value, like -1, it is then halved and rounded up, so that -1 cover becomes 0 and not -2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gingold
United States
Goodyear
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahma wrote:
Yes, everything in the Look, Hide, Shoot and Move boxes on the soldier's card is halved and rounded down. So 3's become 1, 1's become 0 etc. If you have a soldier that starts out with a negative cover value, like -1, it is then halved and rounded up, so that -1 cover becomes 0 and not -2.

Thanks. That's how we played but I wanted to make sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greg hit on one interesting point--which is sometimes the exception to the Pin math.

Soldiers with a negative hide value round up. Soldiers with a positive hide value round down.

Which means the guys who are normally very good at hiding, due to their experiences, figuring out how to use the ground, brush, etc., get "worse" when they are pinned. But the guys who are most clueless about hiding suddenly develop a liking for the ground and focus on not being seen.

We thought that made sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Thornock
United States
Idaho Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kduke wrote:
Greg hit on one interesting point--which is sometimes the exception to the Pin math.

Soldiers with a negative hide value round up. Soldiers with a positive hide value round down.

Which means the guys who are normally very good at hiding, due to their experiences, figuring out how to use the ground, brush, etc., get "worse" when they are pinned. But the guys who are most clueless about hiding suddenly develop a liking for the ground and focus on not being seen.

Not only does it make sense, it's the first miniature game I've seen which got it right. I should know, I've been on the sharp end of the stick and have a ricochet scar on my leg to prove it. blushwhistle

And for ease of memory, we've decide to teach it as, "round toward zero" to our gaming group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadow4ce wrote:
kduke wrote:

Not only does it make sense, it's the first miniature game I've seen which got it right. I should know, I've been on the sharp end of the stick and have a ricochet scar on my leg to prove it. blushwhistle

And for ease of memory, we've decide to teach it as, "round toward zero" to our gaming group.

"Round toward zero" ....Brilliant! thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.