3 Posts

Catan: 5-6 Player Extension» Forums » General

Subject: Colors of 6 and 8 not as clear as from the base game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yee Keat Phuah
Malaysia
flag msg tools
Bought this expansion recently, and pulled it out for a play today.

Realized that the 8 and the 6 from the expansion is dark red instead of the bright red as from the base game. This makes it harder to pick out the numbers when they are rolled. And also it makes it harder to differentiate between 6 and 9 as usually we use the color to differentiate it.

Is it a norm or should I be contacting Mayfair for replacement chits? The top two chits are from the base game, and the bottom two from the extension, noticed that the black has also become a brown color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G K
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Mattel Electronics Presents
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your tokens look the same as mine. I think they used the different color to distinguish the two sets, however you are correct that the six and eight numbers aren't as distinctive in the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Kusmaul
United States
Columbia
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The easy way to differentiate the 6 from the 9 is that the probability pis are always under the number and the letters are above setting the directionality of the number. Also if you store your games so expansions are kept in their box the difference in the red colors is very convenient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.