Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
1. With some of the castle extensions, once you have them are you FORCED to use the ability, if possible? For example, the 'pay 3 squires for a strength 1 knight' one. Am I forced to do this if I have 3 squires and have a strength 1 knight in the reserve?

2. Your voting cubes don't go away each turn if you don't use them, correct? And I gain 1 for each noble again at the end of each turn even if I didn't use all of them? What made it confusing is some of the rulebook pictures show the voting cubes sitting on the cube pictures at the dinner table, so I didn't know if only the empty spots were supposed to be refilled.

3. How do you keep track of game rounds? The game ends after 5 rounds, is there something built in that tracks this, or do I just find my own way?

Thanks! Love the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
Shall I compare thee to a chevrolet?
badge
...the headlamps of your eyes will make them dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I do not believe so.
2. They DO go away, but you refill every turn with the nobles.
3. The laws and conflicts run out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Schuster
Germany
Bretten
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. It is optional. You MAY use your castle extensions.

2. Your cubes go away after the voting. You may collect cubes in other phases of the game, like by castle extensions or by dominating counties. But AFTER each parliament phase you'd lose any remaining cubes. So you always just use all of them when you vote.

3. You can keep track of the turn count by looking at how many rules and conflicts there are left. Their numbers are fixed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Umbratus wrote:
2. Your cubes go away after the voting. You may collect cubes in other phases of the game, like by castle extensions or by dominating counties. But AFTER each parliament phase you'd lose any remaining cubes. So you always just use all of them when you vote.

This seems the most likely answer, but I can't seem to find it anywhere in the rules. Am I just completely missing it? The rules only say I receive 1 cube per noble, and that my voting cubes used in the voting go away, but I can't seem to find anything in my rulebook about the left-over ones that I didn't vote with.

Thanks for the other answers though, you guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattr0polis wrote:
This seems the most likely answer, but I can't seem to find it anywhere in the rules. Am I just completely missing it? The rules only say I receive 1 cube per noble, and that my voting cubes used in the voting go away, but I can't seem to find anything in my rulebook about the left-over ones that I didn't vote with.

Rules, page 4 wrote:
Players still holding voting markers after the completion of all three votes return them to the general supply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to confuse the issue, but we play a house rule where votes earned as rewards do not go away until used and denote those earned this way by using cubes of a different color. So we return only the natural wood cubes takes for nobles earned in the counties.

We like it, as otherwise the reward cubes often seem a waste if there are no laws that are very useful the next vote.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, curtc, you are right, I found it.

It was under 'The new law is rejected' instead of 'Implementation of the 3 applicable laws'. The implementation part talks about "after all voting has been done", so that's weird.

Strange placement but it is there. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan beaumont
United Kingdom
LONDON
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unconvinced
chris1nd wrote:
Not to confuse the issue, but we play a house rule where votes earned as rewards do not go away until used..... as otherwise the reward cubes often seem a waste if there are no laws that are very useful the next vote.

Which means those rewards were less desirable this turn and maybe you should have acted elsewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
Which means we enjoy the house rule as it makes the placement decisions more interesting (by making them more balanced) and voting a bit more dynamic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chris1nd wrote:
Which means we enjoy the house rule as it makes the placement decisions more interesting (by making them more balanced) and voting a bit more dynamic.

I think placement decisions are more interesting when they're not balanced. But certainly play using whatever rules make you happy.

It's thematically completely broken, however. How can votes not used in one election be accumulated to the next?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
The colored reward cubes are "bribes" that we pay other nobles to secure their vote in our favor. We call them in as needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan beaumont
United Kingdom
LONDON
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you must, but this isn't Chicago sirrah
chris1nd wrote:
The colored reward cubes are "bribes" that we pay other nobles to secure their vote in our favor. We call them in as needed.

Nope, this is feudalism, you only get to vote on matters of direct concern to your city (if you are lucky enough to even witness a sitting parliament). The next one might be years away and not for matters where your opinion counts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
waut Dooghe
Belgium
meerhout
antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hanibalicious wrote:

So the laws of round 5 are the same as in round 4 right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wautd wrote:
hanibalicious wrote:

So the laws of round 5 are the same as in round 4 right?

There are three new laws to vote on every round, including the last round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
蓝魔
United Kingdom
Bingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chris1nd wrote:
Not to confuse the issue, but we play a house rule where votes earned as rewards do not go away until used and denote those earned this way by using cubes of a different color. So we return only the natural wood cubes takes for nobles earned in the counties.

We like it, as otherwise the reward cubes often seem a waste if there are no laws that are very useful the next vote.

We like this HOUSE RULE.

*EDIT: played LANCASTER last night using this amendment and although I dominated every session of PARLIAMENT, I still came abysmally last in the overall VP tally. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.