Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Pham
United States
Whittier
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I was just thinking about trying a variant where the purpose of decks 1 and 2 of the westeros cards are replaced by a Puerto Rico/Twilight Imperium 3 style stategy/role system.

This would leave deck 3, which would be modified a bit, perhaps with some cards from deck 1 and 2, as a sort of random event deck to keep a small element of randomness in the game.

I'm not sure what role cards there would be and what abilities they have, and how they would interact with the influence tracks, but the idea alone is interesting enough. TI3 style strategy card might be the most interesting, allowing a player to use its primary ability and other players having some secondary ability to use if they spend a power token.

Of course, there must be some way to prevent supply, mustering, or bids for power from happening every single turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCarthy
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's certainly a very interesting idea. And you could reward unclaimed roles with power tokens. It will take a lot of work to get a good role set, though.

I will be thinking about this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Low
United States
Mansfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SevenSpirits wrote:
And you could reward unclaimed roles with power tokens.

Even Wyldling attack would get selected with enough power on it, or when an opponent doesn't have the power to deal with it. Hmmm...

That definately has potential if well executed.

-Greg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.