GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,144 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game – Shadow and Flame» Forums » Rules

Subject: Durin's Bane and Shadow Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Ramirez
msg tools
so imagine this situatio:

Player 1 is engaged with DB and Enemy A

Player 2 is engaged with DB and Enemy B

So Enemy A gets shadow card 1 and DB gets shadow card 2, then Enemy B gets shadow card 3 and DB gets shadow card 4.

Is this correct or should i deal shadow cards in a completely different manner?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting! I never considered the order of dealing shadow cards, as it did not seem to matter. However, with the upcoming "Palantir" attachment that lets you spy on the next three encounter cards, it will matter since you will "see" beyond the first encounter card (as Henamarth Riversong and Denethor would allow you) and consequently the respective shadow effects of those cards.

The order of dealing shadow cards is regulated in the rules. Page 18:

At the beginning of the combat phase, the players deal 1 shadow card to each engaged enemy. Deal the top card of the encounter deck, face down, to each engaged enemy. When dealing cards to a single player’s enemies, always deal to the enemy with the highest engagement cost first. Cards should first be dealt to the enemies attacking the first player, and then proceed around the board until all enemies have 1 card.

In your situation, assuming the engagement cost of enemies A&B being higher than one, since Durin's Bane has a engagement cost of one, you'd deal in the following order:

1st Enemy A, first player
2nd Durin's Bane (for attack on the first player)
3rd Enemy B, second player
4th Durin's Bane (second player)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Tempel
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played Shadow and Flame for the first time today and wondered about this as well. I think Zwerg is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.