GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,485 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Mr Deltaz
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I have played this game for the first time yesterday and really enjoyed it. I noticed there were a lot of tokens I didn't use so I went through the scenarios and I still couldn't find where most of these were used. I read the forums and some people said that they were used for compatibility with the previous games, however I read the rules I didn't find anything about them.

The tokens I am wondering about are:
1)Collapsed tunnels
2)Big red Snort token
3)Monster tokens
4)Hero tokens (I only saw them used on scenario 5...The whole scenario seems kind of silly since it seems you are just killing time to find who is the assassin, and the assassin doesn't even know is them until the end... Not sure if I am missing something).
5)Item tokens
6) Time tokens
7)Power strike, double strike, duel
8)Charge token
9) Secret tunnel token
9) Camp token
10)Treasure chest
11)Ally cards

Also, I only found 6 custom scenarios by Tagar, which look great! Are there any more I can use with LoD?

Also, it seems to me that there is more custom content for CR and WoA than for LoD. Can use that custom content and use it on this game? Am I missing on anything by not owning all 3 games?

I know I just got the game and I probably should enjoy the official scenarios for a while before I look at extra content, but I am excited to see what people have been able to come up with.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the tokens are literally there because one of the designers noticed there was extra space on a printing sheet and asked fans what they wanted. Seriously, the thread's on these forums somewhere! That having been said, most of those are used within the game itself, but because many come from character powers, treasures, or the encounter deck you won't see them all every time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Deltaz
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SlebRittie wrote:
Some of the tokens are literally there because one of the designers noticed there was extra space on a printing sheet and asked fans what they wanted. Seriously, the thread's on these forums somewhere! That having been said, most of those are used within the game itself, but because many come from character powers, treasures, or the encounter deck you won't see them all every time.

Haha, thanks for the info.

Have people come up with interesting ways of using them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I have. Check out GeckoTh's expanded Ravenloft / Ashardalon / Drizzt Room Event deck threads based on the original project by NinjaDorg. I made encounters using each of the item tokens.

The original Drizzt Room event deck has encounters based on some of the tokens. For example, one encounter requires to you return the crown to the dwarven statues while another one has the crown assume control of the hero. I added events for Ravenloft's items in the proposed Expanded deck. I'm not sure of the status of it. GeckoTh is probably quite busy at the moment.

The idea behind room events is the first time a hero enters the named tile you draw a card, read the text, and roll a die to see what happens similar to an RPG game.

If you enjoy room events, check out the Campaign Event cards for things that happen to your heroes between adventures. You might also enjoy Chromatic Dragon's expanded monster decks and some of the interesting adventures created by other users on the Geek.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
https://sites.google.com/site/cnjxwing/home
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The tokens I am wondering about are:
1)Collapsed tunnels- adventure
2)Big red Snort token- for athrogate's ally power
3)Monster tokens- use with other sets monster token variant.
4)Hero tokens- some adventures
5)Item tokens- some adventures
6) Time tokens- some adventures
7)Power strike, double strike, duel- hero abilities use these
8)Charge token- jarlaxle uses these
9) Secret tunnel token
9) Camp token- encounter card uses this
10)Treasure chest
11)Ally cards- some adventures

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
I should have read more closely. I thought you were talking about the item tokens like "crown" and "camp". GeckoTh suggested using these in the Room Events so the community and I suggested some encounters for them. The collapsed tunnel end pieces were used for one or two Room Event cards.

I was mistaken earlier about the Expanded decks under development. The Campaign Event decks are being expanded. The Room Event decks are already "expanded" with 7-8 cards a piece for each named tile. I proposed additional cards for the original 4-5 cards in Ravenloft and got a bit mixed up trying to answer your original question.

To the best of my knowledge nothing's been done with the other tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.