Uchronia» Forums » Rules

Subject: Draconians activity bonus clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr Deltaz
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am still a bit confused about this bonus. The way I understand it is as follows:

1)Show one extra card for every Draconian activity you have
2)All players with a card in their domain give you 1 card from their hand that matches 1 of the colors you revealed and put it in your stock
3) finally, take the same set of cards you revealed from the forum.
For example, if you revealed 1 blue, 1 red and 1 yellow, you grab 1 red and 1 yellow from the forum. You are out of luck for blue since there is no blue in the forum.

Is this correct?

Me and my wife keep arguing about it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Villeurbanne
flag msg tools
publisher
I no longer work for IELLO.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What you wrote seems correct to me, but I'm not sure what axactly you two are arguing about…

You know which card is available in the forum before showing the ones you want, so you can either plyai it safe by showing only cards available there (you'll be sure to have at least those) or try your luck showing scarcer cards and try to steal them from your opponents' hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Deltaz
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattintheweb wrote:
What you wrote seems correct to me, but I'm not sure what axactly you two are arguing about…

You know which card is available in the forum before showing the ones you want, so you can either plyai it safe by showing only cards available there (you'll be sure to have at least those) or try your luck showing scarcer cards and try to steal them from your opponents' hands.

Thanks. We were arguing in the way the bonus worked, I believed it worked as I mentioned, however my wife believed I just picked 1 card only from the forum out of the 3 I showed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Simons
United States
Johnston
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Draconian action is very strategic in my opinion. Yes, you can play it safe and show only cards that are in the forum, ensuring you'll have those cards in your stock by the end of the turn. Typically how I try to play Draconians is to show cards that I don't want my opponent(s) to have.
Example: the other night we were playing and I had two Draconian activities launched allowing me to show up to 3 cards from my hand. I chose to only show one card (construction) knowing that one of my opponents could finish the game by building one more (3pt) building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Williams
United States
Gahanna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deltas wrote:
3) finally, take the same set of cards you revealed from the forum.
For example, if you revealed 1 blue, 1 red and 1 yellow, you grab 1 red and 1 yellow from the forum. You are out of luck for blue since there is no blue in the forum.
So to continue the scenario...

In a 3 player game:
Joe has a blue, a red, a yellow in hand.
Sue has a stone, and an orange
And the Forum has 1 red and 1 yellow as stated above.

Joe would give you any one of his cards.
Sue would give you nothing.
Then you'd also take the red and yellow from the forum.

Further... if there were more players (Fred who has 2 blue cards, and Tony with 3 yellow cards.)
You'd get one of Joes cards, 1 blue card from fred, 1 yellow from tony, and the R & Y from the forum. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.