Shadow ruxer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone, just got a couple of questions!

1. When losing all your stamina or sanity do you now have the CHOICE of losing half of your clue tokens and items OR taking a madness card? Or must you now take a madness card?

2. Why does the redeemed cultist Diana Stanley have an enchanted knife in her picture but not in her starting equipment?!

3.When failing an evade check and taking damage do you still try to pass the horror check? If you already take damage that kills you and then end up failing the horror check and go insane, does the monster just devour you?

Thanks for the input laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shadow ruxer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4. Also, If I have a weapon that must be exausted when fighting an ancient one, I can continually just use it since you get an upkeep phase between each round of battle correct?
Also, to confirm, you have to re-cast spells between rounds in order to use them?

5. When playing by yourself and retrieving items or spells like call friend, which are useless can you just discard the card and draw a new one in its place?

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
the_shadow447 wrote:
Hey everyone, just got a couple of questions!

1. When losing all your stamina or sanity do you now have the CHOICE of losing half of your clue tokens and items OR taking a madness card? Or must you now take a madness card?

Your choice.

Quote:
2. Why does the redeemed cultist Diana Stanley have an enchanted knife in her picture but not in her starting equipment?!

Because the art wasn't necessarily commissioned for this game but the CCG (later LCG). So they just picked the most appropriate art for the various cards. And if this art was, it would have been artistic license.

Quote:
3.When failing an evade check and taking damage do you still try to pass the horror check? If you already take damage that kills you and then end up failing the horror check and go insane, does the monster just devour you?

Thanks for the input laugh

a) Yes, you still take the Horror check (with the exception below). First it hurts you then you realize what it is and piss your pants.

b) If you take enough damage to get knocked out, you go the hospital immediately so you would not take the horror damage. You passed out before you could wet yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
the_shadow447 wrote:
4. Also, If I have a weapon that must be exausted when fighting an ancient one, I can continually just use it since you get an upkeep phase between each round of battle correct?
Also, to confirm, you have to re-cast spells between rounds in order to use them?

a) For the most part, yes. There may be certain effects in place that only allow you to refresh a single item or no refresh at all (can't remember if something like this exists in the Epic Battle cards or not).

b) Correct, you must recast a spell in the new round. Refresh should happen normally but could be subject to what I stated above.

Quote:
5. When playing by yourself and retrieving items or spells like call friend, which are useless can you just discard the card and draw a new one in its place?

Thanks again!

Sure, you can play that way. But I would suggest even if you are the only player, to consider taking 3-4 investigators. The sweet spot really is 4 investigators and it isn't that hard to run by yourself. You'll get more out of the game as it was intended to be played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Choice. Either you follow the base game penalty, OR you get all your stamina back and take an Injury. I believe you still have to lose your Retainer if you take an Injury, though.

2. Because. Note that the the image used for both is the same. It happens. Maybe she's participating in a cult ritual at the Lodge and is using their knife.

3. After you take the damage, if you are still conscious, you enter combat as though you had initiated combat voluntarily. This sequence begins with a Horror check. No, the monster doesn't devour you: the stamina and sanity losses are independent.

4. Yes, you can use such an item every round. Yes, you must re-cast spells every round in final combat.

5. Not officially. But, why would you want to play a 1-investigator game, especially with an expansion board in play? No, it would be better if you played solo using 3 or 4 investigators.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shadow ruxer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hmmmm, maybe because she wants nothing to do with the cult anymore, she refuses to even use her ritual knife?

Yeah, I have played with more investigators but it is just to much for me to keep track of (especially with the expansions). On top of that I think it adds more atmosphere seeing that you are one of the few people trying to eradicate the ancient one. It is not to bad though, I modify the game so that at the end of the turn I roll a die and if it is a 4-6 no mythos card. Balances it out pretty well. For the most part it pretty much simulates a two player game. I still lose alot even with that goo

Without that my single investigator would ALWAYS have no chance laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.