3 Posts

Heights of Courage» Forums » General

Subject: Counter density? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
Menin Gate at Midnight, Will Longstaff, 1927.
badge
"At the landing, and here ever since" - Anzac Book, p. 35.
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer SCS games with low counter density. Looking at the pictures, and with only 280 counters, this seems to fit that description. Is this the case, that most spaces have just 1-2 counters that are fairly spaced across the board? Can anyone clarify please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Newhouse
msg tools
designer
Amnese wrote:
I prefer SCS games with low counter density. Looking at the pictures, and with only 280 counters, this seems to fit that description. Is this the case, that most spaces have just 1-2 counters that are fairly spaced across the board? Can anyone clarify please?

You'll like this one, Nathan. The Syrians start with about 60 units on the map, mostly in stacks of three. The IDF has about 25. Reinforcements come on for both sides, so after a few turns, the IDF may have 50 or so, the Syrians about the same.

It stays around there, both sides have 40-60 units on the map most turns. There's a lot of action and a lot of ebb-and-flow. The Syrians actually get a second wave of reinforcements about mid-game. The IDF gets a steady flow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
Menin Gate at Midnight, Will Longstaff, 1927.
badge
"At the landing, and here ever since" - Anzac Book, p. 35.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Steve, sounds great. Will put an order in as soon as I get a new address (moving house next week).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.