Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Harris
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What does the term 'forerunner' mean that is on some of the cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. N.
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Forerunner refers to the hero directly in front. So if your hero (eg. the Mystic) is in the flank, the hero directly in front of it in the vanguard is the 'forerunner'. Vice versa for the supporter.

The iconography works quite well to help. The forerunner abilities show a red box (vanguard is red) with an upwards facing arrow. Similarly for the supporter abilities (blue box and downwards facing arrow).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Harris
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply Esorp and for clearing that for me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Frogman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
8bit wrote:
What does the term 'forerunner' mean that is on some of the cards?

Yeah I kind of wish they didn't use the term forerunner. It would have helped me when I was learning if it was Vanguard in the same column or something. But after I figured it out it didn't matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Brelsfoard
United States
Stoneham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a note for specificity: A forerunner can be a Flank card or a Vanguard, depending on the location of the initial card. Forerunner is explained in the "official" rules in the Minigame Library full rules PDF.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lion Kimbro
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
The rules say:

"FORERUNNER - The hero directly in front of this hero."

I'm trying to figure out the meaning of "directly."

If I have hero "A" in the vanguard, and I have hero "B" directly behind him (in the same column), but in the rear, -- is Hero A the forerunner for Hero B? Assume that there is no hero in the flank position, within the same column.

Vanguard: HERO A

Flank: (empty)

Rear: HERO B
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
LionKimbro wrote:
The rules say:

"FORERUNNER - The hero directly in front of this hero."

I'm trying to figure out the meaning of "directly."

If I have hero "A" in the vanguard, and I have hero "B" directly behind him (in the same column), but in the rear, -- is Hero A the forerunner for Hero B? Assume that there is no hero in the flank position, within the same column.

Vanguard: HERO A

Flank: (empty)

Rear: HERO B

Hero A is "in front of" hero B but not "directly in front of" hero B... There's an empty space directly in front of hero B.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.