Popular Tags: [View All]
Boardgame Bjornis
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Is the game asking for expansions? new characters etc?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Treasure
United Kingdom
Romsey
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It could easily be expanded but seems to work quite well on it's own from the look of the reviews and stuff.

Sometimes less is more (enough).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not even out yet! I think it's a bit early to be asking for expansions.

Other villains do some possible, mind you. Bats does have quite the broad rogues' gallery. Killer Croc seems an odd choice, if one's only grabbing four.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Bjornis
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
It´s never too early to ask for expansions! (and more is alwasy a good thing )

...very excited about this one sauron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B
Canada
Brampton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Znapperhead wrote:

Oh for heavens sake...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Bjornis
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
SaMatra wrote:
Znapperhead wrote:

Oh for heavens sake...

Yes.. silly me. For asking about expansion. Silly, silly, silly, silly! shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B
Canada
Brampton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Znapperhead wrote:
Yes.. silly me. For asking about expansion. Silly, silly, silly, silly! shake

Actually a better question might be "when is the reprint is coming out?"

Some of Wizkids games are pretty good but I've learned that you will WILL get burned on their first edition releases.

Always with the component issues. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Courtight
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am suprised killer croc was used and not someone more prominate and gang oriented like Ra's Al Ghul.

Honestly, I even rather see the riddler. Killer croc just does not strike me as one to have minions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Bjornis
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Yeps! gulp Id like to see Harley Quinn! This is why I was asking for expansions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Argo
United States
Durant
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Znapperhead wrote:
Yeps! gulp Id like to see Harley Quinn! This is why I was asking for expansions

I think Harley Quinn already exists in the game as an 'upgrade' for the Joker.

If the game sells, expansions are inevitable (I hope!). My favorite picks would be the Riddler, Scarecrow, Mad Hatter, and Bane, although I think they would probably wind up going with Poison Ivy over Mad Hatter to add a female presence to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel West
United States
Springfield
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just going to post a thread like this after seeing the Dice Tower review of the game. Anyway, as far as expansions, there are two things I would like to see. First, add Batgirl and Robin as alternative heroes for Batman. Second, add a ton of villains with unique powers. In addition to Harley Quinn, Mad Hatter, Bane, Riddler, Ra's Al Gul, Scarecrow, and Poison Ivy mentioned above, I would like to see Mr. Freeze and Clayface. Of course, I do already have HeroClix figures for most of those characters, so perhaps even a fan community could craft something if Wizkids doesn't release expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know anything about this game but, yes, there will be expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clemens kremer
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This beeing wizkids , there will be expansions with 100% certainty provided it sells well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Argo
United States
Durant
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ckremer2 wrote:
provided it sells well.

I do hope it sells well; or, rather, I hope it deserves to sell well and subsequently does. This is the first time I've ever preordered a board game out of excitement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dalek5 wrote:
I am suprised killer croc was used and not someone more prominate and gang oriented like Ra's Al Ghul.

Honestly, I even rather see the riddler. Killer croc just does not strike me as one to have minions.

I think Croc is way more gang-oriented than Ra's. Ra's isn't a mob or street gang sort of character who would be brawling block to block with his thugs in tow. More of an exotic mastermind.

And Croc has been depicted with thugs many times over the years. He gets street-level toughs or sewer-dwelling outcasts or the like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Bade
United States
Stanwood
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for adding Poison Ivy, Riddler, Mr. Freeze & Scarecrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Brenton
United States
Brighton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Because of the theme of the game (the Batman mythos) & the very clever concept of playing the villains in an area control scenario, this game is simply BEGGING for expansions, & the thematic material already supports this perfectly. Batman has the biggest & most comprehensive Rogue's Gallery in all of Comicdom.

Unless the game just stinks & we all hate it & it doesn't sell well. But I'm cautiously optimistic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
From what I've seen of this game, it actually doesn't seem to beg expansions. Perhaps the reviews are misleading, but it seems so self-contained and small that I can't imagine expansions would do all that much for it. It looks like a decent enough game but I think we bat-fans are going to be in the same boat as pirate fans in that the perfect game for the genre isn't quite here yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Kidson
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love a femme fatale expansion

Catwoman, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, and Tahlia ah Ghul

I would play the hell out of that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is nothing on the board that stops you playing with any other DC character they decided to make. From that point of view and the fact that the chars double up as hero-click miniatures I think it is entirely probable that they will produce new chars for this game, or at least new bases (and chits) for hero-click chars.

From a game play perspective, other than immersion, I can't see a need for other characters (it won't change the basic game).

There could also be card expansions - the Batman deck is a bit thin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unsolvable Riddle
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dalek5 wrote:

Croc fits perfectly with the other three for me because the entire game kind of reminds me of the "Batman the animated series" episode "Almost got 'Im" .. maybe Ivey would have been better.

Ivey and Riddler would be my top two expansion candidates.

I think Ra's Al Ghul is "too powerful" in a sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael D'Amico
United States
Milford
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BrianJohnHunt wrote:
There is nothing on the board that stops you playing with any other DC character they decided to make. From that point of view and the fact that the chars double up as hero-click miniatures I think it is entirely probable that they will produce new chars for this game, or at least new bases (and chits) for hero-click chars.

From a game play perspective, other than immersion, I can't see a need for other characters (it won't change the basic game).

There could also be card expansions - the Batman deck is a bit thin.

I'm not sure how much a Heroclix booster pack costs, but I think it would be great if they could release mini-expansions that include a figure with 2 bases, a small deck of villain cards, and some tokens. If they could keep the price down I have to imagine it would sell at the very least to the Heroclix fans and give fans of the Batman Strategy Game some options. But as mentioned before, I'm sure it will ultimately depend on how well the game sold.

I'm thinking if FFG can put out X-wing single ship expansions (with cards, plastic bases, and tokens) for $15 then it's possible to do the same with Heroclix?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Maschler
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to see an expansion. More Criminal Plot cards sound like fun, but since that deck acts like a clock for the game I don't think it should be expanded soon or by a large amount of cards.

Ideally I'd like to see four new Villains, each with five new Ability cards and a single unique token. The Batman deck is definitely thin and could use more variety. But to keep the expansion price low, perhaps ten more Batman cards?

Thus an expansion might look like this: 4 minis, 4 screens, 4 tokens, 30 cards (20 Villain Ability cards and 10 Batman cards).

For better gender representation I'd request Poison Ivy and Catwoman. I know Catwoman is not that villainous anymore, but this game is kind of a throwback anyway. Besides, she could have very interesting Ability cards with regards to interactions with Batman! Scarecrow and Mr. Freeze are different enough from the other existing and projected Villains that they would close out the first expansion nicely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Talia could be a good option. She'd help with the "where are all the ladies?" aspect and doesn't have the world-spanning power that Ra'as does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.