4 Posts

Rune Age: Oath and Anvil» Forums » Variants

Subject: "Resurgence of the Dragonlords" Coop question and variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dee .
msg tools
mbmbmb
We have played the new coop variant of "Resurgence of the Dragonlords". There are four new cards for this coop variant (brown backside) and I do not understand them all. Maybe you can help.

Dragonlord Kraxonis: The text is "Then this cards attacks each player with a strength ..." The rulebook says that in the coop variant only one player is attacked if an attack would concern all players. It's also in the FAQ. Does anyone know why it's written otherwise on this card even if the text is always wrong (yet)?

"Determined Dragonlords" (Could be something else, I only have the german version where it is "Entschlossene Drachenlords"): In a two player game we would add 12 damage tokens on the card. So the overall strenth is 7+12=19, right? First question: If I fight against the card, do I need to have more than 7 or more than 19 to beat it? Second question: Why should I attack this enemy at all? The final enemy has a strength of 18. So if I could beat 19 I would attack the final enemy of course. Further this card hasn't any bad effects, so why bother?

Would it be better to play with the following coop variant: "The final enemy could only be attacked if there are no other enemies left"? It would make the coop game a little bit harder (what is good I think) and would match the context of a game where I first need to fight all minor bosses before I battle the final boss.

Thanks for your answers.

Dee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
Torino
flag msg tools
[______|_hi]
badge
[intentionally left blank]
mbmbmbmbmb
deedw wrote:
Dragonlord Kraxonis: The text is "Then this cards attacks each player with a strength ..." The rulebook says that in the coop variant only one player is attacked if an attack would concern all players. It's also in the FAQ. Does anyone know why it's written otherwise on this card even if the text is always wrong (yet)?

I believe it is written that way for "uniformity" to some stage two cards. It is to be interpreted as those, so, because it says that it attacks all players, it attacks one player. Clearly. Er...

deedw wrote:
"Determined Dragonlords" (Could be something else, I only have the german version where it is "Entschlossene Drachenlords"): In a two player game we would add 12 damage tokens on the card. So the overall strenth is 7+12=19, right? First question: If I fight against the card, do I need to have more than 7 or more than 19 to beat it? Second question: Why should I attack this enemy at all? The final enemy has a strength of 18. So if I could beat 19 I would attack the final enemy of course. Further this card hasn't any bad effects, so why bother?

The card does not make itself stronger, but the objective (the final enemy). If this card has 12 tokens, the objective has strength 18+12.
How can you remove those tokens? Attacking the "Entschlossene Drachenlords" (I have the Italian version, I don't know how it is called in English either); every point of damage that you do to it removes a token. IE if you do damage for 9, -7 because its own strength, you remove 2 tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dee .
msg tools
mbmbmb
Quote:
The card does not make itself stronger, but the objective (the final enemy)

Okay, that makes a lot more sense than what I have read. It's written clearly on the card but during our first play we haven't read it correctly ... and I couldn't beat the final enemy at all, damn!

So thanks for pointing this out for the guy who needs new glasses aka. me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.