Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fabio Calzolari
Italy
S.Lazzaro di Savena
Bologna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played this game three times. Me and my friends like it, but the common critic that they raised is that "it's dry". They feel the lack of an objective, a reason to fight.
I've not enough games to "see" how to address this. Still i concour that a "campaign mode" -where the outcome of a battle will affect at least the starting forces of the next- and a mission (a tactical objective, a RPGish story...) for each battle will add interest and choices to a game that is mechnically good but "thematically" poor.

There's any experienced player with ideas about this?

-edit-
Also a way to reuse the old DDM maps/tiles -which are bigger and more varied than the DC tiles- could add more deep to the game.... but, since they're big, i think the starting army is too scarce. It will need a lot of "empty" turn to get in contact...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Gingras
Canada
Sorel-Tracy
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
parduz wrote:
I've played this game three times. Me and my friends like it, but the common critic that they raised is that "it's dry". They feel the lack of an objective, a reason to fight.
I've not enough games to "see" how to address this. Still i concour that a "campaign mode" -where the outcome of a battle will affect at least the starting forces of the next- and a mission (a tactical objective, a RPGish story...) for each battle will add interest and choices to a game that is mechnically good but "thematically" poor.

There's any experienced player with ideas about this?

-edit-
Also a way to reuse the old DDM maps/tiles -which are bigger and more varied than the DC tiles- could add more deep to the game.... but, since they're big, i think the starting army is too scarce. It will need a lot of "empty" turn to get in contact...

I don't have an answer which adresses the specific points of your question, but since no one has answered you, I figured the polite thing to do was to write something anyway.

I don't want to harp on it any more that I already have, but my "Conquest of Nerath" variant incorporates the Adventure System games as well as Dungeon Command. Basically, a Nerath battle can become a DC skirmish, and the outcomes will affect the bigger world of the Nerath game. Magical objects carry over, leveling up in an Adventure System dungeon could mean having a more powerful creature in a future DC battle, etc.

It's the main reason I'm doing all those DC customs.

I'm very close to uploading the whole thing to the file section, but in the meantime, if you're interested, I could fill you in with the details.

Regards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Calzolari
Italy
S.Lazzaro di Savena
Bologna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answer!!!
I was feeling a bit alone soblue

I'm not in a hurry, so i can wait for you uploading the files.
What i don't know is if your "system" could be used without the Nerath game. I think to understand that it is possible (providin a "campaign frame" in substitution of the other game).
I'm very courious to see what it is

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Gingras
Canada
Sorel-Tracy
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
parduz wrote:
Thanks for the answer!!!
I was feeling a bit alone soblue

I'm not in a hurry, so i can wait for you uploading the files.
What i don't know is if your "system" could be used without the Nerath game. I think to understand that it is possible (providin a "campaign frame" in substitution of the other game).
I'm very courious to see what it is

The basic gist of it: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/14834/my-conquest-of-n....

The rules themselves (they have changed a little, but it'll give you the general idea): http://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/14920/conquest-of-nera....

I guess you could find a way to make it work without Conquest of Nerath, but for this particular variant it's central.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Gingras
Canada
Sorel-Tracy
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I submitted it, and it's been approved. You can find it here: http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/87909/conquest-of-nerath-c....

Regards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.