Recommend
34 
 Thumb up
 Hide
38 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: I finally found a good use for Whizzard rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
spags
United States
Ill Mil
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
76 
 Thumb up
3.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis de Vries
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
Ah, doctor, that aneasthetic is perfect!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
laugh

You made my evening! It's a good suggestion: I'm always short of proper bookmarks.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
spags
United States
Ill Mil
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
All of these extra Identities are PERFECT for bookmarks.

I actually may be out a call for extras in the future, and start making some 3D Identities. Was pretty popular for a while when I played Legend of the Five Rings.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't seem to fit mine in my Kindle... whistle
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
I can't seem to fit mine in my Kindle... whistle


You need to pry open the side with a knife. Just keep trying.


devil
19 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot thumbs up this post enough...

Whizzard, you are finally home. Rest easy now kiddo.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kester J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hehe, poor Whizzard.

I'm optimistic about his future though, with more corp trashable assets likely to be played in Cyber Exodus. And Dinosaurus is a great console for a Whizzard "big rig" deck.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Balazs Szendroi
Hungary
Budapest
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
New datapack just introduced 2 5 cost assets to the corp, and they are both economy cards. I think Whizzard will be quite useful before the end of the cycle.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conny Karlsson
Sweden
Skövde
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kester wrote:
Dinosaurus is a great console for a Whizzard "big rig" deck.


...Why?...

I'm trying really hard to think about what Whizzard has that makes it better for him, but i can't come up with any reason.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kester J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Druni wrote:
Kester wrote:
Dinosaurus is a great console for a Whizzard "big rig" deck.


...Why?...

I'm trying really hard to think about what Whizzard has that makes it better for him, but i can't come up with any reason.


Fixed strength icebreakers - especially Mimic.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ad
Lithuania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, thanks for the idea! I think I will use it the same way as you do
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Freeman
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey now! Whizzard is going to be worth more than a bookmark by the time this cycle is over.

I mean, every corporation will likely have a sys op, new assets and possibly their own region by the 6th pack. With that much trashable stuff, those 3,4,5 cost trashers will start to really become a pain. Saving some money on those will be a huge boon to an Anarch big rig build.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
spags
United States
Ill Mil
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
StarSix wrote:
Hey now! Whizzard is going to be worth more than a bookmark by the time this cycle is over.

I mean, every corporation will likely have a sys op, new assets and possibly their own region by the 6th pack. With that much trashable stuff, those 3,4,5 cost trashers will start to really become a pain. Saving some money on those will be a huge boon to an Anarch big rig build.


Mayyyybe. Everytime I see a newb (who are all fascinated with him, prob. 'cause he's a gamer) in our group try him, and subsequently lose, I ask, "What could have made that deck better?".

"...Noise."

If you end up running zero viruses, he could be OK. 1 Link would've made him slightly sexier. Currently, he's about as appealing as the dude in the current GoDaddy ad.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
spags wrote:
All of these extra Identities are PERFECT for bookmarks.

I actually may be out a call for extras in the future, and start making some 3D Identities. Was pretty popular for a while when I played Legend of the Five Rings.


Interesting: got any pictures?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conny Karlsson
Sweden
Skövde
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kester wrote:
Druni wrote:
Kester wrote:
Dinosaurus is a great console for a Whizzard "big rig" deck.


...Why?...

I'm trying really hard to think about what Whizzard has that makes it better for him, but i can't come up with any reason.


Fixed strength icebreakers - especially Mimic.


I just there was more to it than that, thought i was missing something big. You'd have just as much success if not more with Noise, is all i'm saying. I thought it was something specific to Whizzard.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Calabig
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
Whizzard is already good (Imo better than Noise) and will get even better as the cycle goes on. Noise is random and inconsistent
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu B.
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
People who don't see the strenght of Whizzard are people who still have to learn about strategies in this game. Whizzard strenght is economy denial, you can trash Pad for 1 credit and adonis for free...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Finkle
msg tools
beam1306 wrote:
People who don't see the strenght of Whizzard are people who still have to learn about strategies in this game. Whizzard strenght is economy denial, you can trash Pad for 1 credit and adonis for free...


The problem is, at the moment most of the economy cards aren't affected by Whizzard, or are barely affected.

Beanstalk Royalties and Hedge Fund can't be trashed.
Melange Mining Corporation trashes for 1, so it's easy for anyone to trash it.
PAD is barely played at the moment, at least as far as I've seen
Adonis is good, and really the only thing he currently hits.

Now, with Cyber Exodus, you're also getting Marked Accounts and Private Contracts, with their very high trash cost. This makes him more viable, but only if those cards see play.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The original post's joke was on the fact that you got 3 whizzard ID cards out of the box, so there's 2 excess no matter how you swing it.

BUT that Whizzard isn't the favourite kid right now is also kinda the joke too
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Freeman
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
But you can also use those extra credits to trash... SanSan, ASH and Akitaro, three cards that are in my meta in force. I think the new NBN card will be seeing play as well, and 5 credits to trash is a pretty lump sum without some break via Whizzard.

Or maybe I am in a region, sys op, PAD, upgrade heavy meta...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beyer
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
more.
badge
Avatar
/Dennis Hopper vioce/
Those cheesy nineties graphics man.. They freak me out!



A quick search on Google images and I'm about ready to watch The Lawnmower Man again...

Nah just kidding.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
...wishful thinking about Whizzard being useful people. I'd say use them for bookmarks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tycho Terziev
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
And don't forget the various city grids. Trashing San San for two credits is quite good in a meta where fast-advance runs rampant. Heck, I even have two San Sans in my HB deck. Similarly, thrashing Adonis for free is fantastic in a HB dominated community. One of the best local Anarch decks have almost no viruses in it. And yes, we are playing since the beginning and you can't really call us noobs.

It keeps on bugging me- when we are trying to get people on our side of the fence, we insist that A:NR is less card-dependent than the other similar games and " You play the cards not the other way around". And yet, when someone posts a decklist it gets thorn apart because of some "questionable" card choices. I find this ridiculous in a game where your deck is built to suit your playing style, not around some overpowered cards. There are surprisingly few truly BAD! cards on A:NR. Just for the record, I've seen few games won because of Data Dealer.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Freelunchpirate wrote:
Trashing San San for two credits is quite good in a meta where fast-advance runs rampant.

Trashing it for zero credits w/an Imp is quite good too. And you get to mill a card for playing it w/Noise...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micheal Keane
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Pictured: Rags Raggerson, successful businesscat
Avatar
mb
astroglide wrote:
Freelunchpirate wrote:
Trashing San San for two credits is quite good in a meta where fast-advance runs rampant.

Trashing it for zero credits w/an Imp is quite good too. And you get to mill a card for playing it w/Noise...


Trashing it for two means you get to save Imp for cards that can't be trashed.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.