6 Posts

Mansions of Madness» Forums » Rules

Subject: Green-eyed boy sugestions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nuno Costa
Portugal
flag msg tools
Hello everyone. I know this quest is broken in so many ways, even with the reprints that ffg brought out, but this is the last scenario I miss playing and since I got a 4 player group team I decided to give it a shot. My question as keeper is rather simple. Is there any sugestions or ideas for this run wont be a complete fail? any objectives better than others?
Another question: it says at the rules of play that investigators cant attack other investigators with spells. Does this mean they can attack others physically? Can I use UU for this?
Thx in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
If you have a team of 4 investigators who haven't played the scenario before, it's good for a run or two. First, depending on your group's sense of humor, run Objective 1B.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
This will probably end in an abrupt keeper win after a few turns. It should be short enough to leave time for a second game. If you don't think your group will find this funny, skip this game and use the objective below instead.

If the group is up to run again, next time use the objective where
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The keeper wins when one investigator kills another investigator (unless the killed investigator was under Loss of Will).

Investigators are allowed to attack each other with weapons, with spells, or with their fists, as if other investigators were monsters. However, Uncontrollable Urges cannot be used to compel investigators to attack each other - you'll need something stronger, like the Loss of Will or Compelled by Madness mythos cards.

Green-Eyed Boy is actually pretty fun for a game or two, but play it any more and the problems quickly become very, very obvious - best to treat it as a one-shot experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno Costa
Portugal
flag msg tools
Thank you for the quick reply and clearings Berta.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to be safe (for 1B), I've changed the Event Cards to read "1" on the first one, and "6" on the others. So it now takes the same number of turns to draw the last card, but the first one is fired off immediately, before a certain unhappy thing can occur.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk P.
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Green-eyed boy investigators attacking each other
Question: if investigators are attacking each others, 'special rule instructions' tell, that the 'human monster attack cards' should be used for this. If we play like this, how do we handle 'monster special attack' (investigators don't have an explicit) or what is the caused 'damage' (investigators don't have an explicit or do I use the weapons damage value?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Other way around. The "Investigator attack" portion is used to perform the attack, never the "monster attack" side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.